collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

August 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • Chuy: Peoria
    Yesterday at 05:41:58 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): i AM IN sURPRISE
    August 16, 2017, 03:54:47 PM
  • Desertrunner2169: Who lives in or near surprise
    August 16, 2017, 03:33:13 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): HOLA
    August 16, 2017, 03:24:12 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): yo
    August 16, 2017, 03:18:13 PM
  • Desertrunner2169: Hey y'all
    August 16, 2017, 02:24:06 PM
  • DBAX: 33's here too. I've literally placed stickers just outside the blade path so it won't run them over.. Every inch of rear view counts.
    August 16, 2017, 12:14:38 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I have a 33" tire blocking half my rear window lol. Check out Scrubblade they are pretty awesome in the front windshield
    August 16, 2017, 11:36:17 AM
  • DBAX: TED!
    August 16, 2017, 11:14:11 AM
  • AZ-Ted: 16B will fit, as well.
    August 16, 2017, 10:40:12 AM
  • DBAX: you don't?
    August 15, 2017, 03:32:35 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): People actually use the rear wiper?
    August 15, 2017, 03:23:48 PM
  • DBAX: The part # for the Murano rear wiper is 28790-CB000
    August 15, 2017, 02:18:53 PM
  • DBAX: Sorry, it's Murano, not the Quest. Anyhow, it's a 14" blade. The X' is only 12" so we gain 1" on either side.. 14b should be under $12.
    August 15, 2017, 02:11:42 PM
  • DBAX: didn't want to convolute Justins build thread, but he mentioned he replaced his windshield wipers. Do you GEN2 guys know about the rear wiper replacement with a Quest blade?
    August 15, 2017, 02:02:02 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Mmm mud, lol I just pressure washed all of mine off.
    August 13, 2017, 08:04:23 AM
  • Spencer: With all the rain we have been getting, there is tons of red mud over here. I just need new tires...
    August 12, 2017, 08:29:21 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Yes it was. Lots of mud.
    August 12, 2017, 08:04:04 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Flagstaff was fun   8)
    August 12, 2017, 03:05:16 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): A bunch of us were in Flagstaff last weekend. :)
    August 12, 2017, 06:11:21 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Open Discussions / Re: Back Road to Crown King/Box Canyon
« Last post by Forrest on Today at 06:53:25 AM »
Thanks for the info guys we are planning on making a 3 or 4 day trip out of it.  Are there any good meeting spots befor crown king
Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon / Re: SAVE THE DATE Flag2GC 2018 - 8/3 thru 8/5
« Last post by DBAX on Yesterday at 04:33:28 PM »
I'm in.  8)
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!

Our side raffle winners are:

Pitsnipe (Kyle) - An HP/Intel knit hat, and a ladie's "Barn Burner" t-shirt.

Rubio480 (Eron) - A pair of Four Peaks Brewery pint glasses, and a ladie's "Barn Burner" t-shirt.

Jeremy Edwards - Deschutes swag

Hammer (Avi) - Some Deschutes swag stainless steel cups and a bottlle opener

Pinchel (Rob) - REI folding chair and a $25 Spokes on Southern gift cert.

Jim & Nancy Molner (Pinchel's InLaws) - A pair of crazy orange cycling socks, a stadium table and chair set x2, they won both of them.

Stoic - The big prize of a Weber Q1200 Propane Grill, and a pair Tifosi Eyewear glasses.
If you're available August 26th, please join the Flag2GC Crew for a volunteer's post party.

Because this a private party you will need to PM Pinchel (Rob) for the invite link, or find it his Past Event page.

FLAG2GC Volunteer Appreciation BBQ
Saturday, August 26 at 6:00 PM
Phoenix, AZ

MESSAGE FROM HOST

Come join us to celebrate another successful Flag2GC ride!

Jon Hymer is going to smoke us up some pork and chicken. We'll have a chili roaster if you want to bring hatch chilis for roasting.
If you like to cook, bring a side that you'd like to share. Otherwise, bring your choice of beverage.

The pool is available for swimming. Children welcome, but please know that we don't have a pool fence.

Flagstaff Peeps.... I know the last place you'd like to be in Arizona is Phx especially in the summer..... But if you are in town, please join us!
Club Gear / Re: NEW AZXC Club Hats made by Branded Bills!!! They're IN!
« Last post by pinchel (Rob) on Yesterday at 03:22:12 PM »
We're planning an another order soon. This time we'll all have to pay the retail price of $28 each so we can recoup funds back quicker for the club. We're planning to order 24 so it will be a big expense for the club.

Yes, you can request a style of your choice. If you haven't seen them in person ask a member who has one to send you a selfie! :)
Club Gear / Re: Current Club Swag Clothing On Hands Inventory!
« Last post by pinchel (Rob) on Yesterday at 03:18:46 PM »
We still have lots of shirts available and sizes perfect for kids too! Get them before they are gone. We are hoping to have a cold weather order soon. So be sure to post up on the request thread. Click here!
SAVE THE DATE! Put this event on your vacation requests now...

Next years event we will need more volunteers! We usually need a minimum of 10 rigs to cover 10 checkpoints. Once we arrive, and we have an ACTUAL number, we can assign checkpoints, SAG station or any number of areas to help with. There will be a few more checkpoints this coming year that will have to cover.

Last year, AZXC helped raise funds for Randy Miller. We raised $1090, not including any swag or other raffle tickets purchased individually. We plan to that again every year, and I hope more of you can volunteer as well as have a hand in fundraising. Even if you do not attend or are able to be on the trail we can use your help. We'll add the donate buttons and links when the time comes.

When:  Aug 4th - Aug 6th
Where:   Flagstaff / Grand Canyon
What:  61 mile mountain bike ride from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon
Charity: This ride raises money for the Marine League Charities (aka Toys for Tots, Wounded Marines, etc).
Our Role: We provide on-course support for the riders.  If they break down and/or can't continue, we will shuttle them to the next SAG (Stop And Group) stop.

We typically get up to Flag on Friday afternoon / evening and camp at "Start Camp". !!! Start Camp for us will be somewhere different than the riders, location posted below. !!!

On Saturday, we are up early, before the riders start which is 7am, and drive out to our assigned spots on the trail. We are on parked on the trail for a good portion of the day (bring your own lunch, water, snacks, shade). On Saturday, late afternoon, we make it to the finish line just outside of the Grand Canyon (aka "End Camp"). At End Camp, the Marines cook a big fajita dinner, and Fat Tire donates the beer. After dinner, we have a big bonfire, and goldfish (the crackers) massacre! On Sunday morning, the Marines cook up a big breakfast, and then we break camp to head for home.

This is a great event, and one that I try to make every year.  We can always use more trucks on the trail, but let's try to keep it Nissans only (i.e. don't post this on a non-Nissan board). That being said, if you have a buddy with another make of high clearance or 4wd vehicle, they would be welcome to join us.

Here is a link to the Flagstaff2GC event website:  http://flag2gc.com/

Let's make this an even greater year for Nissans at this event!

Coms
CB: channel 17
CARC Operations HAM Simplex: 146.4800 Mhz (Controlled Net)
Backup Williams HAM Repeater: 146.7800 Mhz Tone:91.5 Offset:-0.600Mhz (Uncontrolled Net)
MURS 5 154.600 Mhz (Uncontrolled Net)
FRS: TBD

Attendees (Plus Shirt Size):

Undecided:

Not Attending:

Start Camp location for us will be here, unless the event changes maps. -> https://goo.gl/maps/L4Z2d7QooqL2 , it is near last years 1st checkpoint. Here are the coordinates - (35.395493, -111.756143). It is not far from the 180. The actual camp site might be exact depending on the trees, but we'll be on the left side of the road and before the cattle gate. So if you go over the cattle gate, you missed our camp.

Try to get to our Start Camp as early as possible on Friday, we will be handing out maps and sharing pertinent info. We will need to be ready to roll pretty early as the riders start riding at 7am and they are much much closer to the checkpoints, which gives us less lag time to get there. We all need to be at designated checkpoints before the riders get there. And for you noobs, there are riders that can beat us to checkpoints.

Otherwise, we're there to ensure the safety of the riders so we'll need to cover the checkpoints. If you know anyone who has a high clearance vehicle or 4wd invite the to come along with you.

AZXC is now mentioned on the the Flag2GC website! - http://flag2gc.com/thank-you-sponsors/
« Last post by Stoic V on Yesterday at 08:00:50 AM »
I was asking the same question, but Dbax replied first.  Which box canyon?

CK was getting tore up over the last 2 years.  Im not sure how much worse this years monsoons have changed it. If its raining it could be challenging and fun!
The Hassayampa River "Box Canyon" is an easy trail, its just has a lot of sand. Be careful  where you park. It will swallow a truck!

I might be able to head up Crown King with you on the Thursday and camp that night.
« Last post by DBAX on Yesterday at 07:42:23 AM »
The two Box Canyons I know of are along the Hassayampa River in Wickenburg (off Rincon Rd) and the one on the way to Martinez Mine in Florence.. Neither is really close or accessible to Crown King. As you make your way up the back road to CK, just be wary of atv/utv traffic as it has become somewhat of a dirt track freeway now that it's mostly graded. LOTS of inexperienced (and usually drunk) idiots up there lately tooling around.
Have fun!  :)
Guns / Re: S&W SDV40VE
« Last post by Ghostrider on August 16, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »
I got ride of my S& W even with improvements. I consider the side dangerous, due to excess malfunctions.   So I ended up with the Sig P320 (US Army side Arm)    Feels good feed excellent and is modular system.

Lessons Learned!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.