General Discussion > Welcome New Members

Scott from Avondale

<< < (2/5) > >>

Thatsgr8 (Scott):

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on April 29, 2017, 07:27:59 AM ---Welcome aboard! If you aren't in a hurry, we can post up a mod day for you and a few others who need the help. I know Xtiki was planning a lift install today. Not sure I'd tackle it on my own.

Where in Illinois are you from? I'm also from Illinois, Sterling/Rock Falls.

--- End quote ---

I grew up in Aurora.  Moved in 1983 when I went into the Marine Corps.

Thatsgr8 (Scott):

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on April 30, 2017, 11:05:51 AM ---Welcome.
I also need to do the timing chain service but not exactly sure the routine. Only read up about them on other forums.

--- End quote ---

After all the reading I have done on the repair, I think I can do it in my sleep.  Now the hands on part might present a different challenge.  I am sure up for it though.  It just scares me that my timing will jump or be off one tooth on the cam chains and I won't be able to get it running again.  I still have to order the water pump.  Good idea to change it while your in there.  If I am successful with mine, I could lend a hand with yours.

DBAX:
Welcome aboard.
I was born in Ill too; used to go to the pancake house in Aurora and fish at the Dundee dam. Not sure if either of those is still relevant, just childhood memories. Thank you for your service too.

Thatsgr8 (Scott):
DBax. I used to work at the Original Pancake House. You know there is one in Scottsdale. I have not made it over there YET. And yes they have the huge Apple Pancake. I used to fish at Philips Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitSnipe (Kyle):
Welcome to the club. Its nice to have another west sider.

I am originally from Wisconsin (yep I broke up your Illinois party you all are having). Moved here in 1995 as well. Spent ten years in the Navy and loved it here so much I came back. Thank you for your service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version