collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: New AZXC swag idea  (Read 4107 times)

Offline ERNurseScott

• So many mods, so little money!!
New AZXC swag idea
« on: March 01, 2013, 08:01:49 AM »
Hey everyone!
So I was thinking the other day about having a front license plate made up. As far as advertising and showing our proud membership to AZXC, we've got the back/rear side windows of our X's covered with the stickers. What about having a front license plate made up to promote the club on the front? I recently had a minor run in with a rock that cracked my UF Gator head plate  :( and seeing the new sticker, I thought it would be a great way to show off our new swag. Now, I have no graphic design background and am not savvy enough to have an example made up (Rev...hint, hint!!  ;)), but I was thinking a mirrored acrylic plate (or plain metal if it's a lot more wallet friendly) with the background being black, the new logo in the center (colored) except changing "NO PAVEMENT, NO PROBLEM" moved from the right side to being centered underneath the logo. I know many members have custom front bumpers that wouldn't allow this, but even some aftermarket bumpers have a plate area built in. Plus, I'm sure some of us have a DD that we could put this on and promote the club without hitting the trails or trying to read it through mud!
This is the link to the plate that I had on my X for years:

http://www.lasermagic.net/college/product/?upc=052169

This could also be another option but I think the black background would make the red, blue and yellow flag stand out more:

http://www.lasermagic.net/college/product/?upc=052152

I prefer the mirrored background but like I said, I have no idea about cost, etc so that's just my 2 cents.
Just wanted to put it out there and see what everyone thinks.
Thanks!
~Scott
2009 Night Armor Xterra S with a few minor mods so far
"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Offline Rev

• Rev & VP of AZXC
  • Rev Rev, Vroom Vroom
    • StreetQuest
Re: New AZXC swag idea
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
(Rev...hint, hint!!  ;))

Haha my name is out there huh ;D

I've got a couple high priority projects for the club that I've gotta work on this week, but I might poke at this idea after just so we'd have an idea of what it'd look like.

Cool idea ;D

11Pro4X

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
Where would I mount it?

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »
AZ doesnt require front lisence plates so many X's probably wont have mounting spots. I know mine doesnt.

Offline ERNurseScott

• So many mods, so little money!!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:57:10 PM »
Even though AZ doesn't require front license plates, I have noticed many vehicles on this site and othera Xterra sites that have a front plate holder with whatever plate they want on there. Also, it would be a great way to promote the club on someone's daily driver, as I've noticed some members changing their X's over to daily drivers for a simple increase in MPG.

Also, I emailed 3 major bumper companies. I'm still waiting to hear back from heftyfabworks, but here are the replies from shrockworks & ARB.

ARB:

Hi Scott,
                We have a license plate bracket that we sell with our bull bars.  Part #3751451.  It bolts onto the front of the bumper right in front of the winch provision. It will work with or without a winch so whichever route you want to go it will work.  If you have any other questions feel free to ask anytime.
Thanks.

Devan Laws
425-264-1288
www.arbusa.com
 dlaws@arbusa.com

shrockworks:
Without a winch, the license plate just bolts to the front bumper, front and center.  It will look just like the main pic on this page:

http://www.shrockworks.com/Tacoma-Front-Bumper-4th-Gen-2005-2013-pr-16174.html

Otherwise, you’ll have to mount the license plate to the fairlead.  Several manufacturers make license plate mounts that clip on to the winch fairlead and are removed when the winch is to be used.
We’re actually about to release a prototype flip up license plate mount here in a few weeks.  Follow up with me in about a week and I’ll have completed pics.

Thanks!
-- --
Mark Wottlin
ShrockWorks 4x4 Products
www.ShrockWorks.com
877-4-SHROCK (877-474-7625)

When I hear from Hefty, I'll post their response on here also. For those of you with custom tubular bumpers, there are loops that secure with either a butterfly bolt or regular bolt that would work on the tubular bars to keep the plate is place. I didn't get the part numbers because it would depend on the diameter of the tube.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject and answer the question/dilemma of putting one of these plates on your X.

~Scott
2009 Night Armor Xterra S with a few minor mods so far
"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Offline Rev

• Rev & VP of AZXC
  • Rev Rev, Vroom Vroom
    • StreetQuest
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
Here's a quick job for you ;D

I didn't have time to make something brand new sorry, so I just pasted together some stuff left over from the shirt design. But maybe it'll give you an idea for what you're after.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 05:22:26 PM »
Our X doesn't have a front plate bracket. It came with one, but have no idea where it is. I'd rather not add it. I know I have seen some different options for the front. The other thing is, if you need some design help hit me up. I don't have any Xterra elements as of yet but if you'd share I'll be more than happy to edit/create stuff for the forum.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

xterra06

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 07:45:21 AM »
i so want that plate!!! I would rock that so HARD!!!! get the AZXC on the back glass and the plate on the front! Damn straight!

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
no front plate holder on mine any more, if there is enough interest I would be glad to look into these. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Slapshotking09

• Board of Directors
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »
I like this idea. I just dont know if it'll go through since a lot of us have aftermarket bumpers.

xterra06

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:52:22 AM »
you can always put it in the windshield or on the top air dam, or back window...

knightrider

Re: Re: New AZXC swag idea
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »
I live in killafornia where we are required to run front plates and the factory plate holder is nothing special, it just screws into the front bumper, I've ripped mine off a couple times so I'm thinking about mounting the plate directly and forming it to the shape of the stock bumper for a lower profile while being legal ::) no reason that couldn't be done if you want to represent.

Not sent with the stupid auto guide app