Club Information > Volunteer Opportunities

Table Mesa Cleanup - Apr 6th, 2013

(1/5) > >>

AZ-Ted:
Hey AZXC, I just heard from my contacts at the BLM that there will be a cleanup out at Table Mesa on April 6th, 2013.  I'll post more details when I get them, but these cleanups usually start between 0800 and 0900 and go until 1200-1300.

The Table Mesa area is a great multi-use area that is used by offroaders, ATVers, hikers, mountain bikers, shooters, equestrian riders, etc.  Because it is a high use area, there are always a few "bad apples" that decide the desert is their dumping ground.  As a result, the BLM, together with various outdoor enthusiast groups, regularly organize cleanups out there to help keep our trails clean and open.

For those that may not know, AZXC has participated in many cleanups over the years, and in 2010, we sponsored one of the largest cleanups in Table Mesa history (with almost 400 volunteers and over 15 tons of trash collected!).

I am looking forward to this cleanup, and I hope to see some other AZXCers out there.

07offroadx:
I havent been in that area yet. I'm sure I can round up some of my mexican buddies and come help out! Would be a good chance to check out some new terrain. Count me in!

rushnrockt:
I think I'll be there! Will try to drag in a few more people for it.

AZ-Ted:
Good to see some interest in this thread.  The official start time is 08:00, but you can come and go as you need.  We typically finish around 12:00-13:00.  I just got word that the meeting spot is the large staging area (the same place we camped for our April Xcursion last year).

To Get There:  Exit I-17 at Table Mesa Rd (exit 236), and go on the WEST side of the freeway.  This road will turn to dirt in less than a mile.  Keep taking the right forks for the first few forks.  At the 3rd or 4th fork, you will notice a shooting area on your left.  Take the left turn and follow that trail about 1 mile in, and the staging area is on the right.  There should be signs out there, and most likely plenty of people to point you in the right direction.

What to bring:   Closed toed shoes, gloves, water, sunscreen, snacks/lunch.  Rakes and shovels are optional, but they will help with some of the small stuff.  I'll have extra trashbags, and I'll bring my trailer as well (so we can haul the stuff back to the dumpsters).

It will be good to see some AZXCers out there (and Titans and Fronty's too)!

Shift_Decimate:
Count me in!

I Had to work all the other times I've heard of these, but I dont have that problem anymore!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version