collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    Today at 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    Today at 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    Yesterday at 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    Yesterday at 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    Yesterday at 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    Yesterday at 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    Yesterday at 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    Yesterday at 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    Yesterday at 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    Yesterday at 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Lift help!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Jo-BOB

Lift help!
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:06:24 PM »
So I am pretty sure I am going to order some OME Dakar Leaf springs with OME coil overs for the front.

I have a few questions/concerns

1.)How much of a lift will I get?

2.) Will this set up keep me level?

3.) If I decide to go higher in the future, can I add spacers and shackles to get more lift?

thanks for any input, I'm a bit new to adding mods but want to get things going!

Offline sunny1881

Re: Lift help!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:30 PM »
This is what you want:

http://nissteclifts.com/index.phppage=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58950&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

And yes you can add spacers to the front later, these coilovers use the stock coilover top, meaning if you get these you have to go to PepBoys and have the top of your stock coilovers removed and pressed onto these OME ones, (PepBoys charged me like $50 when I did it) therefore if you want to, you can still add spacers later. I don't believe you can add a leaf to these OME leaf packs down the road but you could get PRG adjustable shackles to give you more lift in the rear. So basically adding this kit for more lift later would be possible:

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/xterra-2-x-vhs-mini-kit/

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
Or you can just go with one of these right off the bat and be done:

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/xterra-coilover-pkg/

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_advanced_coilover_kit/

http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58998&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

http://calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=37&t=1&p=447&n=52

http://calmini.com/detail.php?b=1&m=37&t=1&p=942&n=52

#2 on this list is probably the most popular all around kit.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

If I could I'd go with a full kit. But funds dont allow for it right now. I think I will be going with the OME Dakar leafs, and the coilovers for right now.

http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58925&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58956&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

for now, then add shackles, and spacers later.

So when I go to have the spacers put in, I'll need pepboys remove the top of my coil overs? or am I not understanding correctly.

That 1st link didnt work by the way.

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
Or you can do ultimately what I ended up doing.

PRG Control Arms with Radflo Coilovers:

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/xterra-20-radflo-w-uca/

Alcan Springs rear leaf pack and PRG adjustable shackles:

http://alcanspring.com/
http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg_variable_height_xterra_shackles/

Alcan Springs you have custom made to order: you would want to do 2"-3" of lift with 400-500lbs over stock weight to make the rear leafs stiffer and stronger the advantage is they will last a lot longer than the add a leafs which are just about a 1-2 year bandaid fix and will nedd to replace eventually anyways

There are a lot of lift choices out there and you can mix and match what you want, do your research and try and figure out exactly what you want to accomplish and how much your budget can afford and hopefully you get the setup you are looking for.

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
It seems there are thousands of ways to do things. Thats why I started a thread it was overwhelming. These will be my first mods, and the mod bug is getting me good.

Funds a limited though so I'm looking for the balance of good performace with a good price.

Does that OME Dakar leaf springs, and the OME coilovers sound like a good start?

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:35:03 PM »
The leaf pack will work, but the springs by themselves do nothing, you need the springs and the coilovers/shock together, this is what you want:

http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=58942&category_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

I don't know why Nisstech sells the springs and coilovers separate, you don't just buy the springs and put them on your stock coilovers and it gives you lift, the springs and coilovers need to purchased together and the top of your stock coilover is pressed onto the OME spring and coilover for the complete coilover with 1.5"-2" of lift, confusing, sorry. Down the rode if you add spacers the spacers bolt onto the top of the OME coilover and then go back into your X. Make sense?

Anyways you can call Nisstech customer service and ask more questions, I hear there CS is good, I don't know never talked with them before.

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »
Lastly, a disclaimer:

Can a spacer be added to the OME lift coilovers down the road for more lift? The answer is yes.

Would I do it? The answer is no

Will it give you bad ride quality most likely? The answer and consensus is, most likely yes. But honestly not sure if it has truly been done or tested.

EDIT: Oh and I failed to mention at this point aftermarket upper control arms would have to be added because you would be getting some serious coil bucket contact. So really after thinking about it, adding spacers to lift coilovers is a VERY bad idea.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:01:20 PM by sunny1881 »

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
In the end, save your pennies and go big all at once, I did what your thinking now, started with 2" of lift but of course instantly wanted more, so I had to save some more pennies and buy bigger and better stuff as I went, then sell off the used stuff to recover some of the money but still spent more than if I would have just saved it all up and went big 1 time and been done.

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
In the end, save your pennies and go big all at once, I did what your thinking now, started with 2" of lift but of course instantly wanted more, so I had to save some more pennies and buy bigger and better stuff as I went, then sell off the used stuff to recover some of the money but still spent more than if I would have just saved it all up and went big 1 time and been done.

Ya, I want to do that but..... I need new leafs to pull a trailor, Im taking a road trip once school ends here up to the northwest. And I figure I would get a little lift out of my x right now.

I will be adding to mod list asap though haha.

thanks for all the input.

Offline sunny1881

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
No problem, there is a lot to learn. The OME leafs and front coilovers with springs will suit you fine and it gave me 2" of lift.

Offline Slapshotking09

• Board of Directors
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 09:31:07 PM »

I agree with Sunny on this one. I had a spacer/shackle lift at first back in the day and it lifted the X, but the ride wasn't that great. Got the longer coilovers after and I love it. Think long term on this one, thankfully I didn't spend too much on the spacer/shackle lift due to it being someone's on here before mine.

11Pro4X

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
Agreed if this is a bandaid fix save the money and do it right the first time. 

Whatever you decide we will help you with it.  You need to decide what you are gonna do with the truck first if its just to pull a trailer once go get air bags to help for that time if its gonna be wheeling the x like I do or slapshotking does save your money.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
Either way you go, you should try to figure out what your end goal is.  If you eventually want to go to 35s then you will really want to do a titan swap which is big money.  If that is your long term goal, then maybe some shackles and spacers are the way to go for now, they will get you good in 33s and wont set you back much money for now.  That said, your ride wont be great, and your articulation will still be crap.  So you will want to start saving for that swap immediately, and in 2 years when your tires are shot, pull the trigger.  If you think you will be happy with 33s, although I managed 34s, with a bit of trimming the fender, and you want the good ride and good handling, which you will appreciate speeding down offroad trails, you want a better kit.   
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »
Either way you go, you should try to figure out what your end goal is.  If you eventually want to go to 35s then you will really want to do a titan swap which is big money.  If that is your long term goal, then maybe some shackles and spacers are the way to go for now, they will get you good in 33s and wont set you back much money for now.  That said, your ride wont be great, and your articulation will still be crap.  So you will want to start saving for that swap immediately, and in 2 years when your tires are shot, pull the trigger.  If you think you will be happy with 33s, although I managed 34s, with a bit of trimming the fender, and you want the good ride and good handling, which you will appreciate speeding down offroad trails, you want a better kit.   

What size are your tires? Dont see many 34" tires