collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY Fat Tire Toys For Tots August 3rd  (Read 10081 times)

xterra06

Re: NEED SHIRT COUNT SEE NEW POST Fat Tire Toys For Tots August 3rd
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »
Large.

Offline Slapshotking09

• Board of Directors
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »
Medium

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »
Thanks for helping coordinate this Marshall!  I look forward to this event every year.  I'll take an XL shirt.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline rushnrockt

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
Large

Offline ERNurseScott

• So many mods, so little money!!
Re: Re: NEED SHIRT COUNT SEE NEW POST Fat Tire Toys For Tots August 3rd
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 06:46:41 AM »
This sounds like fun! I have to check my schedule but I will try my best to make it. I'm in NM right now but flag is only about 5 hrs away. I wear an XL but put me down for XXL in case it shrinks. Im a trauma nurse so any other roles besides driving riders? I have 2wd but have some trails in flag before and if its forest service roads, I should be fine don't you think? Besides basic first aid stuff, do I need to bring anything else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
2009 Night Armor Xterra S with a few minor mods so far
"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Stone

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
Hey Scott,

No nothing else.   And your truck will be fine, may get a bit muddy!

Offline ERNurseScott

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
Even better! I love a new paint job whenever I get the chance! I'll keep you posted about my schedule but count me in for now!

"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Offline ERNurseScott

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 03:30:06 AM »
I'm definitely in for this. Do we bring first aid stuff or pick up a medic-type pack there? I'll just need some help on where to meet on Saturday morning as I'll be staying with my bro-in-law Friday night. Stoked about the after party and camping Saturday. When do we get the shirts? Should I just where my AZXC shirt up there? Do we need assigned areas to standby or dispatched via walkies?

"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2013, 08:17:30 AM »
This is the same post right? I was just hoping for more info on when we'd be leaving exactly.
Turns out I will be starting a weekend gig that weekend and need to be back Sunday at a decent time to get back on a computer.
Any ideas on general timelines? Caravan start point?

I plan to bring a very large tarp, tent, cooler and water. I guess we need to pack food for Friday through Saturday lunch then. Is that right?
What are you guys or gals bringing?
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Stone

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
I don't know about how you guys are planning on coming up.  I need you all at start camp Saturday morning and/or at your spots BY 7. Assignments handed out Friday eve at Start camp or wherever you camp by there on FR 222.  Usually you guys set up on FR 222 just before Start Camp so you don't disturb the riders getting to bed early.

And everyone bugs out pretty early Sunday, so whenever.  And yes you will need to feed yourself everything but Saturday night. 

You don't need and won't be given medic packs.  Really just to be in a spot to make sure the riders make the turns.  I usually have you guys at critical juncture locations.   And wait for the sweep truck  ( Travis if you know him)   Once the sweep trucks makes it to you you are free to do as you please.  Some people run the course with Travis and help pick up signs and some people go to the Grand Canyon, some go to End Camp via the highway and set up.

Everyone camps at end camp Saturday night.    WHICH IS JUST EAST OF the main camp.  We always have our own little camp.  We join everyone for dinner and raffle etc but we camp East of the road at the end of Main Camp.  You will see it. 

Stone

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »
And AZ TED will be my man in charge dwon at Start Camp so look for him.

Fill up your GAS TANK in Flagstaff

Directions to Start Camp

HWY 180 North (NW) out of Flagstaff. It's about 7 miles to the turn off on your left (FR 222).

It is just after a long straight portion of road as you pass Fort Valley and the last of the houses and just past a street that is Bader on the left and Roundtree on the right.

If you pass FR 151 on your right you went to far.

You should also see a bright yellow sign with red letters that say Toys For Tots etc. at FR 222. Or you can look on a map for HWY 180 and 222. There is a sign post there that will have glow sticks on it from dusk to whenever.

So it's like a mile a so down FR 222 and there is camp.

If you get there after sundown PLEASE BE QUIET. The party is the next night.

End camp directions are :

Hwy 180 to Hwy 64, North (right) on 64 for about 22.5 miles.

Right on FR 302 There is a "scenic view" sign right before the turnoff.

Fr 302 about 9 miles to a fork with 301A

Right on 301A 1-1.5 miles to camp.

YOU WILL NEED

Dinner Friday night.

Saturday Breakfast and lunch, water etc. keep in mind we'll be out on the trail at lunchtime.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember that you are there solely to assist riders. DO NOT DRIVE your truck when there are riders present, pull over and wait AND DON'T TAILGATE riders."

Stone

Re: SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY Fat Tire Toys For Tots August 3rd
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
I will see all those that are volunteering next Friday.  Thank you again for your efforts for Marine League Charities and Toys for Tots!

Offline ERNurseScott

Re: Re: SEE YOU NEXT FRIDAY Fat Tire Toys For Tots August 3rd
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
So as this will be my first time volunteering for the Fat Tire bike trip, I need some guidance. Are we meeting in Flag to gas up and get last minute stuff before heading to the camping area? What is an example of what you guys take along with you? How many water bottles? I was thinking a case from Costco in a cooler with ice and a bag of trail mix for the riders. Will we camp where they have the dinner post ride? Or at least close? What time do we "report" on Friday to get instructions? Sorry for all the questions but it's part excitement and part OCD!!

"34DMB41"
Go Gators!

Stone

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
Yes you should PLEASE fill up your gas tank Friday in Flagstaff.  Start camp is just out of Flagstaff.  You wont need any trail mix or food for the riders, they are just going to fly right by you.  But a costco case of water is ALWAYS a good idea.

Yes we camp with everyone at end camp.  Where the dinner and raffle are.   I don't know when Ted will give you your map and assignment Friday eve...but he or someone will.  I am ASSUMING that most of the AZXC will camp by the start camp.  Which by the way also has a beer brat thing going on and it the beer is Phoenix Brewery. 

I really don't know when any of the club is leaving or otherwise...but it would be nice to know.  :)

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:32 PM »
Will be heading to end camp to help set up. planning on leaving Phoenix around noon. PM if you want to caravan, but ya better bring a S#ˇ+ load of dimes...
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.