collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Author Topic: S E D O N A  (Read 3893 times)

Offline xxSVxx

• Noob
S E D O N A
« on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »
Hi guys/gals...

My name is Christiaan, and I am tenatively planning an Xcursion in Sedona for late November (specifically, Thanksgiving weekend).

Why Thanksgiving weekend?  Well, to be blunt, time.  I live in So Cal, and the drive if I only stop to gas up will take me 7-8hrs.  That pretty much eats up a day.  So, a normal 3 day weekend would be too short for me.  Thanksgiving weekend gives me Thurs/Fri/Sat and I can even sneak a trail in early Sun morning before driving home.

Will it be cold?  Probably.  I'm going to camp, just to keep costs down.  And, I like to camp.  Now, I do not like frostbite.  Nor do I like waking up to snow on the ground.  What am I getting at?  Well, if it really is as cold as that...maybe I will postpone until a better time arises.

What does all this mean to you, fellow AZXC member?

-What trails are 'must see' or 'can't miss'.  I did the Outlaw Trail just this past Saturday and it was bitchin; a lot of dirt road, but right at the beginning and end there were 2 decently technical parts that had to be taken seriously.  I've read about Schnebly; Broken Arrow; Greasy Spoon....please, feel free to elaborate on one of those or add one I might not have heard of :)

-Thoughts.  Is the time of year going to kill this?  Have you camped around this time there before?  I've been in close contact w/ John Tyler (GhostX), and he's given me extensive threads about the first(?) CANVAZ held in Sedona.  And he was very clear about how cold it was when he did then, and how they handled it and what they thought coming away from it.

-Interest.  Interested?  Post up.  Even if it's just a mild 'hey, we may roll out if the weather holds'.  I get that.  No biggie.  Just trying to get an idea as to how many.

Once I get an idea as to how many we might have, I'll look into reserving a site or two,and we'll pass around a hat or something to make sure everyone chips in.  But, for right now, I'm mainly concerned with who and how many.  That's all.

Alright.  If you have any questions, feel free to reply w/ them or even shoot me a PM if that works better for ya.  Looking forward to hearing from many of you!!

Thanks,

-Christiaan
xxSVxx

Offline Slapshotking09

• Board of Directors
Re: S E D O N A
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:46 PM »
I'm trying to find this trail called cliff hanger.

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
Look on thenewx. I posted a reply there.

Offline GhostX

• Allergic to Pavement
  • Allergic to Pavement
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:50 PM »
Quote from: AZXterra410;1023365
Depending on where you camp, temperature can play a factor. I was there at the first CANVAZ John talks about... It was F'ing cold. That being said if you plan for it, camping can still be enjoyable in conditions like that. I have camped coldweather before and actually find it enjoyable in its own right.

When in sedona, Broken Arrow trail is a must. We in AZXC fondly call it the mini-moab. Its a very fun trail. Soldiers pass is also a fun one. Schnebly hill is scenic but is far and away my least favorite road in america. It is just rocky enough that you feel like you need to crawl, yet not rocky enough to justify it, so this usually translates to 5-7mph of the bumpiest road ever... That being said the vista views from the top are a must see.

Being a holiday weekend I don't know if I could make a run like this, but I would love to try.

...and there it is.

Thanks Andrew.

Now Christiaan gets to enjoy posting and responding on three forums!  Lol!

Offline xxSVxx

• Noob
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Manzanita/r/campgroundBookingWindow.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75143

This is the campground I'm looking at:  MANZANITA, AZ on recreation.gov

On top of Oak Creek....by the water will be cooler than, say, the middle of nowhere but I think it will be a beautiful spot to come rest at after a long day of wheeling. 

There are approx. 4-5 spots all in a line that are open.  I'm looking at reserving the 21st to the 25th.

I expect to make reservations within 2 weeks. 

Please let me know what you think of this spot and if there's anything else you think might fit our needs!

Thanks,

-Christiaan
SandyV/xxSVxx

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »
If this is still around Thanksgiving, I doubt my family would let me or would want to go. Also, there may be snow. Sounds like fun. We've been in that area in November/December and it can dumped on a moments notice.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline xxSVxx

• Noob
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:14 PM »
It's specifically on Thanksgiving so we will have time to hit multiple trails....I'm betting that the weather will be alright....it's been a warm year

CANNOT.  FREAKING.  WAIT.

xterra06

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
Sounds like a blast!

knightrider

Re: Re: S E D O N A
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
Also I want to add that waking up while camping with snow on the ground is the most awesome thing in the world haha.  My favorite trip was to Zion in February a couple years ago and it snowed the night we were there, magical haha.  Had fun playing in the snow and ramming snow drifts with my gen1. 

Rain, SNOW or shine I'm there christian :-)

Not sent with the stupid auto guide app

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
Should be fun, wish I could say I could make the trip with you but Thanksgiving means a lot of family/friend group stuff, and none of it is camping in the snow.  ::)
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline xxSVxx

• Noob
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
**UPDATE TIME**

I have reserved a spot at the Manzanita campground, spot #9...seen here:

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Manzanita/r/campgroundDetails.do?parkId=75143&contractCode=NRSO&chkAg=y&clCr=y

I'll arrive early Wednesday the 27th and leave sometime Sunday Dec 1st...

Hope to see some of you out there!!

Thanks,

-Christiaan
xxSVxx

Offline xxSVxx

• Noob
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »
BUMP!!!

ONE MONTH OUT!!!!!

SOOO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »
I am going to try to make it up at least 1 day for a run or two.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »
I can't do Thanksgiving day, but I might be able to do Friday and/or Saturday.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »
I am trying to make it up for a day of wheeling.
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids