collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Author Topic: Deleted by OP  (Read 5814 times)

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
Re: Yarnell Fire Dept Tragedy
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 07:46:16 AM »
Hello guys I have been watching this tread and I'm very disappointed. This tread is not about who did what who hasn't it's about tragedy and how we can help. So let's get this back on track and see what we can do.

Just an FYI I think Avi, Marcin Vince and Rev have all done a great job turning AZXC around this year. I'm pretty sure it was a group effort not a one person deal. So let's do what we always do and just have fun.
T-swap / Snorkel

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
I will be the dick and say it. I think donating club funds would be a big waste of money.

The event garnered national attention, a couple hundred bucks from us wouldn't even be noticed.

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »
Also I didn't hear anyone rallying the troops to donate to the Colorado wildfires that destroyed entire cities. Just because this one is in our state means it is more important in some way? I dont find that to be the case.

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
I feel bad about this but as Andrew said we can't do much and a few 100 bucks isn't going to do much
T-swap / Snorkel

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 12:41:24 AM »
I think our resources could be put to better use.  We are an offroad club, and we use the public lands that this fire was on(some of this fire was on AZ State land).  We should consider a volunteer project (planting seedlings, rebuilding trails, etc) to benefit the lands that these brave men and women were protecting.  We obviously would not be allowed in the burned areas anytime soon, but once it is opened, we could help out.

I will honor these firefighters on my own, and I do not expect, nor want, the club to do anything in this regard on my behalf.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
Hey guys,

I got a referral from a PR friend of mine who works with the 100Club. If you are interested, please send a quick email from the forum to Ciara@100club.org to see if there are unique opps to help. Tell her Charlotte Shaff referred you.

Let me know, I would have emailed her myself but it would be more professional if someone with a forum email or an admin/mod would do it. IMO
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Rosie

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
Well, we have nowhere near 50 active members, let alone 50 trucks to bring up $100 each.

I know what you're getting at, but I agree with Ted. We should donate our time and effort in something a little more physical once everything cools down and the area is starting to open back up. We use those trails, we should show the families of the lost that we appreciate the efforts to keep that land safe by helping to restore them physically. Driving up there and donating money just doesn't show the same support, IMO. I'm sure once the fire is completely contained/put out, we'll hear more news on land availability and can move on from there. That's the type of support I believe AZXC should lend, seeing as we are an offroad-based club.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 02:08:29 PM »
It's funny everyone is wanting to sit back and relax. The attitude of azxc just makes me sick!

Seriously?  Don't you have better things to do than stir shit up?

Offline Rosie

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »
It's funny everyone is wanting to sit back and relax. The attitude of azxc just makes me sick!

And how many fire fighters died in the CO fires last year?

This is an AZ fire, 19 AZ based fire fighters died, and is the AZ Nissan Club?  If a couple hundred bucks is a small amount then get off your ass and raise some more!

Not all of us can just donate a couple hundred bucks, as much as I would like to that's half my paycheck. I want to help, but I can't monetarily. So forgive me for caring but being unable to do anything about it right yet, and I know for sure that there are others in the club that feel the same and are in the same situation. THIS attitude of yours makes me sick.

Offline Jack5885

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »
I'm with Rosie and Ted. We should help replant trees and rebuild trails out there, or whatever the forest service needs most. If you have the extra money to do so, donating some money would also help out but shouldn't be the main focus.

Marcin, if you don't like how the club is run, don't keep coming back to complain. You should have stayed president if you wanted it run your way.

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 02:59:18 PM »
This is an offroading club Marcin, not some social advocacy group. I dont think the club should get involved. Id rather our dollars to go something like Treadlightly or events put on by our members.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »
My idea in,

my head was that if the group contacted the 100club they might have events we can volunteer at. They do what I would call boot drives and such...and car washes or other type stuff all year long. I am sure they have some thing unique we can use our resources for.

If people want and can do what Marcin is offering then great but I feel the consensus is to use our offroad superpowers to do something rather than just put hands in peoples pockets.

I believe there are lot's of ideas we could come up with that involves us and others who enjoy offroading.

Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
When I donate money every year it is to pay for club functions, events, raffles whatever.

I don't donate so the club can donate to disaster relief. If I wanted that I would just give the money directly to Red Cross

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
Wow still at it. Give it a rest.
T-swap / Snorkel

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 10:03:13 PM »
Actually since it's an off road club you want to support those who give you access to those trails. Like te BLM and forest service. As an off road club you want to be in the good graces of those groups.

I suggested taking a bunch of cases of water to the current fire fighters and thanking then for their service but everyone is stuck on the other ideas.

For everyone's knowledge:  AZXC works with the BLM and the USFS on trail cleanups.  We usually go to at least one major cleanup each year (usually held at Table Mesa (off the I-17) or at 4 Peaks Rd (off SR-87).  We also donate money each year to TreadLightly! to help us keep the trails open.  Some of the individual members of AZXC volunteer each year (1st weekend in August) with the Marine League Charities (Toys for Tots, Wounded Marines, etc).  And I volunteer for the OHV Ambassadors (volunteer arm of a joint BLM/USFS/AZ State Parks organization that helps with trail maintenance, trail monitoring, and outdoor enthusiast education.

I can assure you that we, as a club, are held in high regard with the various federal and state agencies because of all the volunteer work that we do.  Volunteering has been a mainstay of this club for many years.  Some clubs donate Money, but we donate something with much more value:  Time.  This is where we can make the biggest impact, and this is where we should focus our club's humanitarian efforts.