AZ Trail Info > AZ Trail Info

Trail map

<< < (5/5)

pinchel (Rob):
To be more clear, so far as I have seen there is not a plugin for the forum to do this easily. Hence, I suggest. Someone make a trail map using google, share the embedded map, and we have a shareable map for each one of our trail threads. The maps can be saved to edit.

Unless, myself or Pitsnipe or Hammer want to go and make XXX number of trail maps....

There is another option. If there is not anyone out there that already does this easily, which I will look into again, then we can suggest the forum raise funds to pay a programmer to do this and make it how we want.

I imagine that either way will bring visitors to this site, but keep in mind, unless we make it private only, everyone will see our map info. Which, means we are missing out, those places like Forest Service and such that sell trail maps, will be recouping funds, and we will just be giving it away. Something to think about...

Stoic V:
I have no idea where 3/4 of the trails listed on our website are. I have to google it and find it on another website.  That why I thought a trail map would be a good idea.
  I will screw around with a google earth or wikiloc version of a trail map.  I have 6 or 7 trails of my own Ill put on it. If it looks promising, Ill share it with the group.  If we want to continue with the map, we can grow it larger from there. If you dont want to use it, we can just discard it.  If we continue with the project, I agree on making it private..  Maybe we can have all the information in the "Supporting members forum"

Hammer (Avi):

--- Quote from: Stoic V on July 10, 2015, 09:18:48 PM ---I have no idea where 3/4 of the trails listed on our website are. I have to google it and find it on another website.  That why I thought a trail map would be a good idea.
  I will screw around with a google earth or wikiloc version of a trail map.  I have 6 or 7 trails of my own Ill put on it. If it looks promising, Ill share it with the group.  If we want to continue with the map, we can grow it larger from there. If you dont want to use it, we can just discard it.  If we continue with the project, I agree on making it private..  Maybe we can have all the information in the "Supporting members forum"

--- End quote ---

I was actually thinking the same thing.  I was interested in a camp spot map as well.  But I think having people pin trails on a map may require too much IT side work  Perhaps a simpler solution, like organizing trails by region and putting trail length and difficulty in the title.   

Conundrum:
zeemaps.com is a pretty cool website for mapping locations with pins like google, but I'm not sure how that works with offroad trails or being able to print the maps afterwards. However the site is Free for basic use. :)

It would be nice to see all the trails on one map so good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version