Club Information > Club Xcursion Information

AZXC 2014 Kickoff Run

(1/21) > >>

AZXterra410:
It's about that time folks, time for the third annual AZXC New Year Kickoff Run!

A few people expressed interest in doing a run up to Crown King like we did last year. So lets hear it, where do you want to go? And what day works best for everyone?

Post up and I will compile the votes and set this thing up.

AZXterra410:
Date: Saturday, January 11th.

Meetup time: 8:00am

Location: The Chevron Gas station just off of the I17 and Carefree Highway.

Attending:
AZXterra410
PitSnipe
Hammer
Timh
Rosie
WHPIVxterra
AZXplorer
Capt. Frank
Sunny1881
Rushnrocket
Brute (tenative)
XDEVIL
Slapshotking09
HBIII

Details:

We will meet up at the gas station around 8am. Plan to roll out no later than 8:30, seeing as how this run can sometimes take most of the day. Any questions, PM me and I will send you my cell number if you have questions. Otherwise we will just leave the gas station at 8:30, plan on hitting Crown King around lunch time for burgers and then zip back down the front entrance and be home in time for dinner.

For anyone wondering about the trail who has never been, this trail has a few obstacles that can test any of our rigs, but there are bypasses for anything that might be beyond your tolerance. Any stock Xterra with 4wd can make it through this trail with very little fuss if you take the bypasses.

Depending on the weather, it will be COLD up in crown king so plan accordingly. I have run this before where it was full on blizzard conditions as you gain elevation so that is a real possibility.

Any other questions just ask.

A TRASHAROO WILL ALSO BE RAFFLED OFF AT THIS RUN! Must be a SUPPORTING MEMBER however.

Also, in case anyone does run late or can't attend last minute (tomorrow morning) here's my number. Don't wanna leave anyone behind.

See everyone at the McDonalds.

Vince
928 607 2013

remo1991(Brent):
Do you work the 14th because Saturday's work better for me. Just because of the drive back to Tucson. Just call in sick.

Rev:
A new year's kickoff would be awesome! How tough of a trail is Crown King though? I just want to make sure there are routes everyone can have some fun at there.

Rosie:

--- Quote from: Rev on November 15, 2013, 04:25:03 PM ---A new year's kickoff would be awesome! How tough of a trail is Crown King though? I just want to make sure there are routes everyone can have some fun at there.

--- End quote ---

Everybody can handle Crown King. I'd make sure to have 4WD though. There are bypasses for all the obstacles that still exist.

On that note, I'm definitely down for Crown King again. Great transition trail from desert to pines. The 5th works for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version