collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    Today at 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    Yesterday at 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM

Author Topic: KC HiLites  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Hausaufgaben

KC HiLites
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
I've been trying to find some lights to put on a lightbar on the top of my X but it's been a struggle to find anything that's remotely cheap and yet decent.  The cheapest KC HiLites I've found comes in TWO'S and it's $120, so I'd have to purchase another set, rounding it to be $240 which is WAY out of my price range.

Does anyone know of any CHEAPER ones that come in a set of 4?  Why is it always in a set of 2?  I don't care about brand or anything like that, I just need lights that WORK and something that doesn't throw me under the bus with the price.

Also, I'm probably going to have to hire someone to be able to put the wires in and do all the work (I don't know how to) so I can't spend $200-$300 on just the lights when the installation is going to be that much (I REALLY don't want to spend $300 to install but that's the price range I've received from almost ALL mechanics).

Offline Jack5885

Re: KC HiLites
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
If I were you I'd go for 2 lights instead of 4. The 1st gens dont have very big alternators, and they can get bogged down fairly easily. Is there any reason why you are set on 4 lights?

Also, dont worry about install costs. Come to a mod day and we can help you out. Its quite easy to wire lights up.

Offline Rosie

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »
I'm gonna second that, don't you dare pay someone to wire up lights! It's a lot simpler than you think it is. We can help you out at the next mod day.

For the record, I think my KC's came in pairs too but I want to say they were $100, but it also depends on what kind you're wanting. Long range, flood, etc. Just something to think about.

Offline PitSnipe (Kyle)

• Club Vice President
  • Administrator
    • Kyle Zastrow
    • xterraguy81
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:52:36 PM »
I am in the same boat. I also want four lamps. I have been checking out craigslist for lights. Here is a good deal I found. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4160123532.html

There are a ton of deals on there.

As for the wiring. Wait till a mod day. Lots of mechanically inclined guys and gal ready to help out.
Eight Time ToTM Winner. July 2013, December 2013, July 2014, December 2014, May 2015, August 2016, February 2017, September 2017

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:27:50 AM »
When I first installed lights I went with the Ebay cheapos, http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-UNIVERSAL-6-SIX-INCH-4X4-55W-OFF-ROAD-LIGHT-TRUCK-DRIVING-FOG-BLACK-LAMP-/390673074460?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af5ee091c&vxp=mtr

I eventually went for the KCs for a better beam pattern, but I have 4 of those ebay lights in my garage you can have um for free if you like.   I found the housings actually weren't too bad, the bulbs however burnt out and have been replaced. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Hausaufgaben

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
Well, I've never seen an xterra with only two lights on it, and the only time I've actually SEEN a truck with that, is actually recently a truck had two facing forward, and two facing in the back but it was all lined up.  So I guess it would be more about looks if I was to get 4 instead of two.

I guess I'll stick with two, just so I don't hurt my X.

I am in the same boat. I also want four lamps. I have been checking out craigslist for lights. Here is a good deal I found. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/4160123532.html

As for the wiring. Wait till a mod day. Lots of mechanically inclined guys and gal ready to help out.

DAMN!!!  That's cheap as hell!! And I was looking up "KC HiLights" instead of off road lights so I'm sure that's why I didn't get any results!  Awesome man!  Thank you for that link!  Mod day?  Is it a place where we all meet up and they help you with mods?  I'll look it up myself on here.

When I first installed lights I went with the Ebay cheapos, http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-UNIVERSAL-6-SIX-INCH-4X4-55W-OFF-ROAD-LIGHT-TRUCK-DRIVING-FOG-BLACK-LAMP-/390673074460?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af5ee091c&vxp=mtr

I eventually went for the KCs for a better beam pattern, but I have 4 of those ebay lights in my garage you can have um for free if you like.   I found the housings actually weren't too bad, the bulbs however burnt out and have been replaced. 

Oh hell yea I'll take em!  What's the downside with it?  Is it a little unstable up there or what?

Offline AZXterra410

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »
Mod day is when a bunch of members get together who need stuff done on their trucks and everyone kinda helps out.

Mod day will probably be coming up fairly soon. I need a body lift done...

Offline Jack5885

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »

I got these: http://www.gtlightingusa.com/html/products/?products-show-91.html on a Tacomaworld.com group buy for like $140 for a pair. They are Chinese knockoff HIDs, but they are damn bright (brighter than a pair of KCs) and after about 2 years, still work like new. I have no idea if that company is still doing group buys for those anymore though.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 12:40:04 AM »
Well, I've never seen an xterra with only two lights on it, and the only time I've actually SEEN a truck with that, is actually recently a truck had two facing forward, and two facing in the back but it was all lined up.  So I guess it would be more about looks if I was to get 4 instead of two.

I guess I'll stick with two, just so I don't hurt my X.

DAMN!!!  That's cheap as hell!! And I was looking up "KC HiLights" instead of off road lights so I'm sure that's why I didn't get any results!  Awesome man!  Thank you for that link!  Mod day?  Is it a place where we all meet up and they help you with mods?  I'll look it up myself on here.

Oh hell yea I'll take em!  What's the downside with it?  Is it a little unstable up there or what?

No downside, the beam is a little bit pencil and I thought KCs would be a big improvement.  Honestly, I cant say the KCs are $200 better, they are better, but not by that much.  I even made some custom glare shields for them so you shouldn't be lighting up your hood. 
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Checker (now O'reilly) used to sell the Chinese HIDs both in 4" and 7" rounds lights.  I have 2 of the 7" ones on my bumper and they are super bright.  You could start with 2 of the 4" HIDs and see how you like the light.

I've had walmart lights, KC fogs (which aren't that great), and the HIDs on my bumper over the years.  I really like the HIDs.

Up top, I have the KC Hilites, and I like them, but that was before the HIDs and now LEDs became really popular (and much cheaper).

If I had it to do over again, I'd look into the LEDs, as they draw the least amount of power, and seem pretty bright.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline Hausaufgaben

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
No downside, the beam is a little bit pencil and I thought KCs would be a big improvement.  Honestly, I cant say the KCs are $200 better, they are better, but not by that much.  I even made some custom glare shields for them so you shouldn't be lighting up your hood.

Okay awesome!  I'd really like to pick those up, if they work for me, I wouldn't need to change them, but if they don't, I'm sure it's going to be great until I get new ones in the future.  How would I be able to get those from you?  Mail (I'd of course pay for it) or pickup? 

I got these: http://www.gtlightingusa.com/html/products/?products-show-91.html on a Tacomaworld.com group buy for like $140 for a pair. They are Chinese knockoff HIDs, but they are damn bright (brighter than a pair of KCs) and after about 2 years, still work like new. I have no idea if that company is still doing group buys for those anymore though.

Well, I'm going to see how Hammer's lights work for me.  I'm sure it'll be just what I'm looking for but thanks for that picture.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 02:02:42 AM »
Pickup is fine, let me check my garage today and make sure I still have them all and they are in good shape.  They have been collecting dust for over a year now. 
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:41 AM »
looks like they are still in good shape.  
PRG Advanced lift
Full skids

Offline Hausaufgaben

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »
Oh Wow yea looks great!  I'll send you a PM!