General Discussion > Open Discussions

Destructive Mining - My English Research Paper

<< < (2/2)

DZRT:
Thanks timh. I'm going to agree.
I wonder if that Mammath reclamation area is still in the works... I think it would be because it takes time to grow trees.
I've spent my free time today looking up reclamation and learned a lot. There is a law (SMCRA) that was passed that all mines must have a reclamation program. BUT Arizona is not part of that. I'll have to find out what's up with that.
We keep building houses and roads and cities and cars and stuff. Even the tree huggers need this stuff (you know they were on the waiting list for their Prius's which are not made out of corn husks and twigs). The materials must come from somewhere. (You mean it doesn't all come from Home Depot?) Building this stuff creates jobs and... the circle of life. I think if humans can be responsible with mining and reclamation, we should go forth with mining.
Some of these reclamation projects look pretty neat: they build parks, sports facilities, golf courses, camp grounds, all kinds of stuff. It looks like it works. Kinda like "double use" of the land.  We are tearing up local land to make these facilities anyway, itís all around us.  Might be cool to mine the land first then "put the icing on". Then every one gets something.

I think we can have our cake (without the filling) and eat it too. (I think I will make this line my thesis.  ;D)

(And others may have other views... I'm just doing this to try to develop myself for this for this damn English paper. It's not the point of taking a side for right or wrong, it's the point of learning how to communicate and research. I'm sharing my thoughts, looking for healthy feedback, taking suggestions and including anyone that wants to play. It's always nice to have friends around when things like English class sucks.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version