General Discussion > Got Gear?

Members Product: Drop-in Basket

<< < (10/10)

Hammer (Avi):

--- Quote from: Clifford3200 on June 18, 2015, 12:24:24 PM ---I'm a big fan of the closed cargo, are there any future plans for putting a locking box in there?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure you could find a locking toolbox around that size.  The main issue is cost.

Chuy:
There is already a long review thread about this rack under the gear section, but here is my story.

I picked up my basket about a month ago and have done several trips with it mounted so far. Today I finally had some time to mount the Hi-Lift and test it out in the Buckeye play area.

Initial impressions:
- Whatta is a super cool guy, I had great communication, easy to deal with and arrange pickup.
- The roof rack is welded well and has beads all the way around each joining section.
- The rack has a great design which further strengthens the stock roof rack and utilizes the full roof

After trip impressions
- The rack held up very well as expected on multiple short and long trips on and off-road
- An off the shelf spider net from Home Depots works perfectly to keep cargo in place with the 8 mounting hooks
- Hi-Lift mount is plenty strong and you can reverse the hardware to have it mounted outside the rack

Big thanks to Stoic V for helping me with the bolt dimensions needed and for requesting the first rack design. Its because of his post and pictures I ordered one.

My stock 2nd Gen OR suspension is horrendous and rough off road, but all of my gear stayed in place without any movement. My only issue now is that with the Hi-Lift mounted I can't fit the X in the garage.

This is a must need piece of gear if you ever plan to use your roof rack. It is a superb value for what you get and the capabilities it provides.

Stoic V:
Im glad it worked out for you.  It looks great. 
I had the same issue with the high lift. It was about 1/2 inch to tall to fit in my garage.

Whattha(Nik):
Thank you for the great write up.  Cheers!! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version