collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: CANVAZ 2014  (Read 6949 times)

Offline timh

Re: CANVAZ 2014
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 07:44:24 AM »
I am willing to help out and lead some runs.  I know the Redington Pass area like the back of my hand.  The Chiva Falls run can be made into to pretty long run if you want as there are lots of offshoots and side trails to check out.  You could make Chiva sort of the "main event."  There is also the Chimney Rock loop which is pretty fun.  One more option for that area is more of a scenic run around the back side of Mt. Lemmon and up to the pines. 

The earlier in October we do it the better it is for me.

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 09:16:17 AM »
I was about to Text you to see if you would.
T-swap / Snorkel

Offline UofA_Xterra

• Noob
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:43 PM »
Looking at my schedule I was hoping to go for the 4th or the 18th of October.  How long does CANVAZ normally go, do we get started on thursday or friday?   

The 18th would work well for me (The date revolves around my schedule right?..lol).  I can tell you from organizing CANVAZ III in vegas that trying to squeeze in a run Friday was a bit much (I attended part of CANVAZ I also).  Just my opinion but I would go Friday arrival/BBQ/camp set up, Saturday one or two  trails (a night run would be sweet), Sunday a short morning trail as people will need to drive home.

A couple things we learned from hosting CANVAZ in Big Bear in 2012 -

-keep it simple - trying to get sponsors the first year was time consuming.  In '12, we skipped this and it saved a lot of headaches and we focused on the trails.

-camping everyone in one spot - when we let people arrange their own lodging/camping etc., this also freed a lot of organizational headaches.  And, we had more couples, as camping at Schnebly road in 19* weather was...fun.  Having lodging options close by in Big Bear was cool, because some of the first timers who didn't necessarily want to camp still made the trip. 

-research and schedule the meet times/meet spots in advance.  Estimating/communicating how long the day on the trail will be is also very helpful.

John/GhostX

Wise words here.  For CANVAZ III we had over 15 trucks confirmed to attend but at the end of the day only like 5 or 6 showed (and very few CA or AZ trucks made it).  We considered getting sponsors but I am glad we didn't because we wouldn't have upheld out estimated numbers.  The fluctuation of numbers is also a reason to pick a camping spot where +/- one half the expected group size will not be an issue.  For CANVAZ III we technically didn't reach the minimum required for the group campsite I reserved.

Researching/posting overall itinerary, meeting spots, trail difficulty, and campsites/hotels is very important!  I pre-ran all the tails and did write-ups prior to CANVAZ III (you can checkout some of the posts), you might talk some Tucson guys into doing this. One thing I wish we would have done was posted a contact number and CB channel on the forum, in case someone coming into town had issues finding us (which happened). 

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. 

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 04:06:17 AM »
Talking to the locals it seems like the weekend of the 4th is what will work best, which leaves us just 2 short months out.  I know Tim and Ben have run the trails multiple times so I am hoping they will give us the benefit of their experience.  We are planning to pre run the trails, hopefully in the next month, but I have yet to set a date for that and see who will be available.  Camping should be easy, there is a lot of area available for camping.  The site I stayed at last time was undeveloped, if that is ok with everyone.  There should be plenty of hotels available in Tucson if out of towners prefer.  Maybe some of the locals could recommend a couple places. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Toro

• Noob
Re:
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
We had a green night run on Sat night.  Great times and gross displays of illumination....

Offline Azfronty99

• Supporting Member
Re:
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 10:12:25 PM »
What kinda light is the guy using on the last pic in the rear?
99 frontier 4x4

Offline timh

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 05:13:46 AM »
I have run the trails that we will be doing more times than I can count.  I will write up a decent description when I have a little more time.  As far as the camping goes I think we just need to make up a few rough signs to guide everyone in off the main road.  I will take a drive up there soon and get the exact mileage into where we will be.  The camping is primitive.  There is a OHV staging area close to where we will be camped that does have a bathroom, albeit not a very clean one.

As far as hotels go, I couldn't make any recommendations since I never stay in them here.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »

A VERY bright one!
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Azfronty99

• Supporting Member
Re: Re: Re: CANVAZ 2014
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »

A VERY bright one!
And that's why I want to know the brand
99 frontier 4x4

TeguTerra

Re:
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »
He is like  " can you see me now"

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:49 PM »
We should probably post up a CANVAZ thread on thenewx.org with the dates and stuff.

Also, may want to change the title of this thread to add the dates.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline Toro

• Noob
Re: Re: Re:
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »
That would be Socal Terry running a pair of 6" Totron lights.

Offline Azfronty99

• Supporting Member
Re:
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »
Well guess ill get me a pair of those.lol
99 frontier 4x4

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 01:16:21 AM »
We should probably post up a CANVAZ thread on thenewx.org with the dates and stuff.

Also, may want to change the title of this thread to add the dates.

I was planning on starting a new thread and posting to thenewx as soon as i get an exact location for the camping. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline GhostX

• Allergic to Pavement
  • Allergic to Pavement
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 05:08:03 PM »
So...confirming dates/location:

Friday, October 3rd - arrival/set-up/informal BBQ - no formal trails, possible night run?

Saturday, October 4th - main trail day, camping, campfire, festivities

Sunday, October 5th - morning quick trail, departure/travel day

Tucson area, trails to be determined by Tim and Ben?

Set comms up, for both CB and Ham radio?

Lodging beyond camping TBD.

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.