General Discussion > Guns

DD Form 214

<< < (2/3) > >>

Highpointer:
AZDPS gave me two options when I moved from LA to AZ, so I would be willing to say it will be similar from FL to AZ. That is, assuming FL and AZ share reciprocity with regards to CCW carry regulations. The two options were a) keep your Louisiana permit and use it as you would an AZ permit until its expiration date, at which time you pay the AZ fees and get an AZ permit, or b) go ahead and pay the fee under AZ to get your AZ permit and be done with it.  I chose to keep my Louisiana permit for now but will likely change it over the next few months just so it will match my current address.  Either way, I'd recommend giving them a shout ( http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/ ) to make sure nothing has changed.  Never hurts to hear it from the horse's mouth.  After my inquiry they mailed me a full application packet and told me what I would need to include to show that I took the necessary courses in Louisiana (a copy of my CCW from Louisiana/CCW course completion certificate).  

Ghostrider:
I got only after 2 months. Its amazing how many southern States accepts Florida's CCW. I was up in NJ for my Daughters Wedding and with all of those woods and back roads NJ has horrible gun rights and very high taxes. No wonder I see so many NE herein Florida and Arizona.

pinchel (Rob):
So what is the stipulation on the DD Form 214 exactly? I have one from my general discharge. I'm wondering if that works or if it needs to be specific. Hmm, I tried to find the info on the DPS site, it only states Honorable Discharge gets 5 points and does not say anything about General Discharge. Guessing that means it wouldn't help.

Chuy:

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 04, 2016, 06:44:23 AM ---So what is the stipulation on the DD Form 214 exactly? I have one from my general discharge. I'm wondering if that works or if it needs to be specific. Hmm, I tried to find the info on the DPS site, it only states Honorable Discharge gets 5 points and does not say anything about General Discharge. Guessing that means it wouldn't help.

--- End quote ---

If you had a General Discharge (Under Honorable Conditions) you are fine.

http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/permits/obtain/

pinchel (Rob):

--- Quote from: Chuy on August 04, 2016, 07:41:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 04, 2016, 06:44:23 AM ---So what is the stipulation on the DD Form 214 exactly? I have one from my general discharge. I'm wondering if that works or if it needs to be specific. Hmm, I tried to find the info on the DPS site, it only states Honorable Discharge gets 5 points and does not say anything about General Discharge. Guessing that means it wouldn't help.

--- End quote ---

If you had a General Discharge (Under Honorable Conditions) you are fine.

http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/permits/obtain/

--- End quote ---

I'll have to dig it up, I don't think it specifies, but I know what it does not say, and that's dishonorable. I just know they said hey when you are ready to come back give us a call, and I never re-enlisted. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version