AZ Trail Info > AZ Trail Info

Things to see/do Apache Trail up to Payson

So my gf and I have a few days to kill and plan on taking our pup out and go camping and spend some time in the apache trail area up to Payson.

Does anyone have any recommendation of trails, things to see, places to eat at etc?

Stoic V:
There are all kinds of trailheads off highway 87, on the way to Payson. .  Zoom in to the area you want to look at, click the Red dot on the top left of the page labeled Hikes, then hit find.  This will give you a good number of hikes in the area you are looking.  It also will give good descriptions on the hikes.  You dont have to register at that site to use it.
Good Luck

I've looked at it a lot and there are tons of trails so i was wondering if anyone had some personal experience going there and what to see or whats not worth spending time to go see.

Hammer (Avi):
We went up to Mt Ord a couple months ago and it had an awesome view.  That said by now you are looking at probably teen temps at night.  Not sure if you are prepared for that.  If you want to stay closer and warmer there are plenty of places to wheel and camp near saguaro lake. 

Yup, we are both from the northwest and have our winter camping gear here so temp should be fine. Just want to find some good stuff to see.

[0] Message Index

Go to full version