collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    Yesterday at 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    Yesterday at 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    December 14, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    December 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    December 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    December 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    December 14, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    December 14, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    December 14, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    December 14, 2017, 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: unusual noise from engine  (Read 2598 times)

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
unusual noise from engine
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »
So a while back I started felling a vibration when I turned my A/C on. But now that its cold the vibration happens on cold starts or sitting at a light after braking harder than normal. I also noticed I have a squeak at cold starts along with a squeak from the engine compartment only when I give it gas not at idle. Anyone got a clue what this could be? My belt look fine. I just don't want to deal with taking it to the service department at Peoria Nissan.. :/

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
Re: unusual noise from engine
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
Since I last post this the vibration has gone away... but now I have an annoying constant squeak unless I'm accelerating to speed limit then starts back up.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
Did you go through water recently?
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:30:35 PM »
vid of noise?

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 04:31:28 AM »

Yes but the squeak has been occurring before I went through the water

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 07:54:59 AM »

Yes but the squeak has been occurring before I went through the water

So it doesn't happen when the A/C is off? Squeaking probably from the belts slipping usually. Have you had the belts changed? Or any work done with that would require them being adjusted?
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Xtracrispy

• Noob
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
There is a known problem with the power steering pump being misaligned on the older trucks, but that usually causes a squeak on cold start ups that goes away.

Could be related? Maybe you have that issue and it has worn your belt.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 08:28:23 AM »
There is a known problem with the power steering pump being misaligned on the older trucks, but that usually causes a squeak on cold start ups that goes away.

Glad you brought that up, mine has that. We have replaced the main hose for the power steering once, what a pain. Still leaks from the bottom of the reservoir, I think it needs a new design.

Offline FirstXRS (Zac)

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
Still leaks from the bottom of the reservoir, I think it needs a new design.

Ok, glad I'm not crazy. I replaced my reservoir because of evidence of a substantial leak, and it still leaks. Hose is in great condition, too.

For the squeak, is it metallic in nature?
Other Toys:
2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r (Supermoto)
1979 Honda CX500 (Custom Build)

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »
To be honest I haven't inspected it more than just listen to it while driving and a quick glance to make sure its not misaligned. I'll have to go look at it right now. And I haven't replaced the belt yet considering its a 2014, bu I might just have to

Offline Xtracrispy

• Noob
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:19:37 AM »

Glad you brought that up, mine has that. We have replaced the main hose for the power steering once, what a pain. Still leaks from the bottom of the reservoir, I think it needs a new design.

I think I have the same one leaking, too. Was going to put a new clamp on it but I couldn't get to the dang thing!

WHPIVxterra

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »
at least all yalls gear box didnt go! that projject sucks!

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »
Very true! Especially with hour rusty yours was!

And an update yesterday the noise went away, went to inspect it and it was gone and haven't heard it since Tuesday at 5am

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »
Glad the noise went away, but you jinxed me. Since we put new wheels on our X we are getting an unusual noise from under the vehicle, and it's hard to say what it is. I can tell you that it kind of sounds like towards the front but definitely underneath. The noise sounds almost like a rattle but you only hear it when starting from a stop and accelerating at like a 1/4 or so of pedal. A faster acceleration the noise is either non existent or covered up by the engine roar.

I was thinking maybe something loose or I read the cat my be broken inside. I highway speeds the sound is non existent. It does have like 208+ miles.

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 01:29:59 PM »
Glad the noise went away, but you jinxed me. Since we put new wheels on our X we are getting an unusual noise from under the vehicle, and it's hard to say what it is. I can tell you that it kind of sounds like towards the front but definitely underneath. The noise sounds almost like a rattle but you only hear it when starting from a stop and accelerating at like a 1/4 or so of pedal. A faster acceleration the noise is either non existent or covered up by the engine roar.

I was thinking maybe something loose or I read the cat my be broken inside. I highway speeds the sound is non existent. It does have like 208+ miles.

I have the same noise, I only hear it on hard take off's or when climbing a steep hill. It sounds like plastic rattling to me, so Im thinking its the air box or something against the firewall. I only noticed it after getting larger wheels recently.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.