General Discussion > Guns

Any AK variant owners?

(1/2) > >>

m.sainz12:
Well I'm buying my first AK tomorrow! I've built and shot ARs for a while and thought id add an AK to the collection. I'm going to go with the century arms American made stamped receiver with all the magpul goodies. Anyone ever shot a Century before?

Chuy:
I own a Century it shoots great but. Some of the Century built AK's are known for having small issues, the fixes are dead simple. The best AK company is suppose to be a VEPR and the receiver is milled. That being said I haven't had any issues with my Century after I buffed the barrel, and it has been well abused since then. I haven't had a single FTF or any jamming issues and it runs any ammo flawlessly. Jim Fuller gives a great "What to look for video on the AK"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BP2_hcffs

m.sainz12:

--- Quote from: Chuy on July 17, 2015, 05:53:56 PM ---I own a Century it shoots great but. Some of the Century built AK's are known for having small issues, the fixes are dead simple. The best AK company is suppose to be a VEPR and the receiver is milled. That being said I haven't had any issues with my Century after I buffed the barrel, and it has been well abused since then. I haven't had a single FTF or any jamming issues and it runs any ammo flawlessly. Jim Fuller gives a great "What to look for video on the AK"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BP2_hcffs

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the input! I drove up to JG sales Saturday and am now a proud owner of the RAS47 with magpul furniture by Century. Going to hopefully shoot it Friday but that's if I can get a sight tool in time. Any chance you got one?

Chuy:
I sure don't, my AK's have been super accurate out of the box. No adjustment tool needed. If its a new AK yours should be just as accurate too. If the sights look crooked eye balling it from the factory its probably accurate and has been adjusted accordingly to compensate for a crooked pressed on barrel.

m.sainz12:
Everything looks straight. I just read that you need to adjust the ak sights once you get it. But you're probably right its not composed of any used parts 100% made in America. I'll just take it to the range and see how it shoots

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version