collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[10] 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Author Topic: Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »
Hey guys,

As the title describes, I'm looking for a source of rentals in AZ. If you have used one, reply with details. It doesn't have to be in the Phoenix area.

I have found many across the state that do kayaks and paddle boards. There doesn't seem to be many that do rafts or canoes. Big boats sure, lots of places rent them, but I'm more interested in small craft if possible, but if you've used a rental for a larger water craft post it too.

Maybe someday, AZXC can rent a  barge or something.... :)

I'd like to take the family near water and actually get on the water via man power. I guess 2 kayaks will do, but one raft might be better. Not entirely sure. If it's an inflatable I think one big raft might be easier. Perhaps not. I'm not sure how big it is not inflated.

Let's have fun with this!
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
Re: Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
None?
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:01:56 PM »
<--- i got 2 kayaks already and its fun
But if you check craigslist im pretty sure somebody rents them out i see ads all the time on there.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 01:14:32 PM »
<--- i got 2 kayaks already and its fun
But if you check craigslist im pretty sure somebody rents them out i see ads all the time on there.

I see them. Hoping to find a recommendation though...

Offline DBAX

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
I've used "Downriver Outfitters" to kayak and canoe beneath the Hoover Dam. Now they're http://blackcanyonadventures.com/
They have a great service with a rental and shuttle service to the bottom of the dam, then pick up at Willow Beach the next day and transportation back to your vehicle at the BLM garage at top of dam.
The Willow Beach Marina also rents out varied watercraft to tool up and down the river. An AZXC xcursion to the AZ Hot Springs in Black Canyon would be a blast, however, I don't think a club sponsored/paid for rental would fly for liability reasons.
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline DBAX

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
I guess a got a little off topic there, so I'll add this. Owning kayaks, or a canoe for a family which will use them is a great investment, and will provide lots of excellent times and memories. I'd definitely recommend outfitting yourselves if it's something you think your family will enjoy. I had a 14' Sea Eagle inflatable fishing boat w/ a transom mount outboard (6hp Nissan) and trolling motors (36#thrust). It came w/ floorboards and two bench seats. Large enough to hold 2 grown men and 2 weeks of camping gear, or a family of 4 and stuff for a  long weekend. I've used that anywhere from the Pacific Ocean to the Sea of Cortez,  the rim lakes in Northern AZ to the Colorado river. Easy to set up and transport, I whole heartedly recommend Sea Eagle for affordable, transportable watercraft. https://www.seaeagle.com/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:14:39 AM by DBAX »
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..