collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    Today at 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    Yesterday at 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    Yesterday at 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    Yesterday at 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    Yesterday at 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    Yesterday at 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?  (Read 1001 times)

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »
Hey guys,

As the title describes, I'm looking for a source of rentals in AZ. If you have used one, reply with details. It doesn't have to be in the Phoenix area.

I have found many across the state that do kayaks and paddle boards. There doesn't seem to be many that do rafts or canoes. Big boats sure, lots of places rent them, but I'm more interested in small craft if possible, but if you've used a rental for a larger water craft post it too.

Maybe someday, AZXC can rent a  barge or something.... :)

I'd like to take the family near water and actually get on the water via man power. I guess 2 kayaks will do, but one raft might be better. Not entirely sure. If it's an inflatable I think one big raft might be easier. Perhaps not. I'm not sure how big it is not inflated.

Let's have fun with this!
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
Re: Kayak/Raft/Canoe/Boat rentals in AZ? Got a good source?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
None?
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 01:01:56 PM »
<--- i got 2 kayaks already and its fun
But if you check craigslist im pretty sure somebody rents them out i see ads all the time on there.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 01:14:32 PM »
<--- i got 2 kayaks already and its fun
But if you check craigslist im pretty sure somebody rents them out i see ads all the time on there.

I see them. Hoping to find a recommendation though...

Offline DBAX

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »
I've used "Downriver Outfitters" to kayak and canoe beneath the Hoover Dam. Now they're http://blackcanyonadventures.com/
They have a great service with a rental and shuttle service to the bottom of the dam, then pick up at Willow Beach the next day and transportation back to your vehicle at the BLM garage at top of dam.
The Willow Beach Marina also rents out varied watercraft to tool up and down the river. An AZXC xcursion to the AZ Hot Springs in Black Canyon would be a blast, however, I don't think a club sponsored/paid for rental would fly for liability reasons.
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline DBAX

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
I guess a got a little off topic there, so I'll add this. Owning kayaks, or a canoe for a family which will use them is a great investment, and will provide lots of excellent times and memories. I'd definitely recommend outfitting yourselves if it's something you think your family will enjoy. I had a 14' Sea Eagle inflatable fishing boat w/ a transom mount outboard (6hp Nissan) and trolling motors (36#thrust). It came w/ floorboards and two bench seats. Large enough to hold 2 grown men and 2 weeks of camping gear, or a family of 4 and stuff for a  long weekend. I've used that anywhere from the Pacific Ocean to the Sea of Cortez,  the rim lakes in Northern AZ to the Colorado river. Easy to set up and transport, I whole heartedly recommend Sea Eagle for affordable, transportable watercraft. https://www.seaeagle.com/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:14:39 AM by DBAX »
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.