collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Stoic V I have sent you a few PM, I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Yesterday at 09:50:19 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 98% sure I'll be doing Crown King
    Yesterday at 06:55:40 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): @Stephen well AZXC does their yearly sedona run but wont be till April.
    Yesterday at 05:48:10 PM
  • Stephen: I have never run any trails in Sedona since I've lived here...need to fix that asap
    Yesterday at 12:55:37 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Crown King Next Saturday!
    Yesterday at 10:36:13 AM
  • Stephen: Folks, running Sedona next Saturday, then going to the muerte festival later that evening. Going up with a jeep buddy...family friendly
    October 21, 2017, 07:03:03 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: 2010 or newer. I like the charcoal center.
    October 20, 2017, 01:50:20 PM
  • Stoic V: I have a set of 4, off a 2012.  Which design/year are you looking for?
    October 20, 2017, 08:49:27 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    October 19, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    October 18, 2017, 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    October 18, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    October 18, 2017, 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    October 18, 2017, 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    October 18, 2017, 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM

Author Topic: BECOME A TRĀL VOLUNTEER  (Read 1768 times)

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
BECOME A TRĀL VOLUNTEER
« on: October 16, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »
BECOME A TRĀL VOLUNTEER

The orientation is held from 8-9PM after the regular 7-8PM TRĀL meeting. The next New Volunteer Orientation is November 11th, 2015 8pm - 9pm. Let them know by email ( tontorecreationalliance@pobox.com ) if you plan on attending.

Most OHV enthusiasts say that they'd like to "get involved" in helping to keep our trails open and conserve our OHV areas. TRĀL wants to give you that opportunity.

Our philosophy for becoming a volunteer is simple. It should be easy to volunteer. There are a few basic things you need to know and all can be taken care of in the TRĀL Volunteer Orientation Session. In this session you will learn these important things:

• Understand what TRĀL is and what we do
  • Know your responsibilities as a TRĀL volunteer
  • Understand the relationship between TRĀL and the Forest Service
  • Know what you need to do to get involved in projects

The session is about 1 hour long and at the end you will turn in your TRĀL Volunteer Agreement and sign a volunteer agreement with the Forest Service. That's it. And then you'll be ready to come out and volunteer on TRĀL projects. We ask that you sign up for at least 2 projects per year but we are mostly interested in getting people involved.

When you want to do more, there are other opportunities that require more training and offer more responsibility.

Volunteer Orientation Sessions every other month. If you are interested in becoming a TRĀL volunteer, watch this site for upcoming training sessions or send us an email ( tontorecreationalliance@pobox.com )and we'll make sure you get on the list for an upcoming orientation session.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Online DBAX

Re: BECOME A TRĀL VOLUNTEER
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:07:26 PM »
Cool. AZXC for years, sponsored trail cleanups on FR42 out to 532(?) at the Verde River (the Devils Hole). The area was closed from fire damage years ago, and may now be open again. We'd get out after Memorial and Labor Day holidays to clean the trails. There are/were some particularily gnarly hill climbs, and of course the water crossings to entertain us. Those were always great turnouts, great times w/ good people. The FS should have that on record..
Pics here from a hiking site-
http://hikearizona.com/photoset.php?ID=28284
Write up from Stu-
http://www.stu-offroad.com/others/other19-1.htm
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:48:34 PM by DBAX »
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Probably the most influential organization working to keep trails open. As one TRAL member I know put it, "I have been working to keep trails open for 30 years, this is the first time I have actually had a direct impact in making that happen." He also went on to say that without volunteers or support the default ruling is always to close the area/trail. Some of the major things they do is to sign areas, I am told that if the area is not signed then it is technically closed. They also keep those big message boards in the middle of nowhere up to date.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 10:24:57 PM »
TRAL is good if your only concern is the Tonto NF.  If you like to recreate elsewhere, they don't care / don't go beyond their borders.  Again, they go great work with stuff like the Salt River Cleanups, and the 4 Peaks Cleanup, but don't look for them on the west side, as they only care about Tonto.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Online DBAX

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:11:15 PM »

Hey Ted...  ???

Quote from: DBAX on January 21, 2014, 08:46:17 PM

Has BLM reopened 532 back to 42 and that spot on the Verde river, out by Bartlett Lake?
AZXC used to have biannual cleanups there, after labor day and then again after memorial day..

That is a good question, Dan.  I'll send an email to some of my BLM contacts to see what they know.  I have never been out there, as it was closed by the time I joined AZXC. - TED

I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

Hey Ted...  ???

Quote from: DBAX on January 21, 2014, 08:46:17 PM

Has BLM reopened 532 back to 42 and that spot on the Verde river, out by Bartlett Lake?
AZXC used to have biannual cleanups there, after labor day and then again after memorial day..

That is a good question, Dan.  I'll send an email to some of my BLM contacts to see what they know.  I have never been out there, as it was closed by the time I joined AZXC. - TED

Never did get in touch with BLM, but I did Google it.  FWIW, it still appears to be closed.  If someone (that is more active in the club than I) wants to stop by the Cave Creek Ranger District sometime, they could verify.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »
If this trail you are talking about isn't in the TRAL guidelines, go ahead and start a new thread for it so it's separate from the TRAL VOLUNTEER opportunities.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:33 PM »
TRAL is good if your only concern is the Tonto NF.  If you like to recreate elsewhere, they don't care / don't go beyond their borders.  Again, they go great work with stuff like the Salt River Cleanups, and the 4 Peaks Cleanup, but don't look for them on the west side, as they only care about Tonto.

Ted that isn't 100% true, lots of TRAL guys get together to do other projects outside of the TONTO forest or TRAL organization. I think its more about meeting other people and networking with others who are concerned about access in general. TRAL just has their main focus as the Tonto NF and more specifically forest service roads. I have organized cleanups before in areas ran by Maricopa and TRAL guys offered to help. I think it is a great starting point for someone looking to get involved with a partnership and a great example on how to do it.

Because of the last cleanup event I organized for the White Tanks I was invited to a meet and great with Clint Hickman and a bunch of other park managers. Even though I was only involved with the White Tanks I was asked by numerous other park managers for help on their projects. These are all networking tools when you are involved with one group. For this specific group I made it clear to the organizations that we are only volunteering to maintain and preserve trails that people use, we are not cleaning up dump sites or shooting areas (and we were asked to do that first). That is exactly what we did and I am super proud of that, sure we picked up trash along the way but that wasn't our focus, our focus was on maintaining trails for future use.     

If you want to get involved, I say get involved and make contacts with all active organizations. Don't limit yourself because there isn't an active organization in the areas you frequent. Reach out to any community that will lend a hand.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:04:44 AM by Chuy »
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.