Club Information > Club Xcursion Information

February Xcursion - FOUR PEAKS CLEAN UP, Feb 6th

(1/10) > >>

Onix:
The clean up is in the planning stages for the third Four Peaks Pickup. This coming year the event will be held on February 6th 2010.

I want to say thank you to the more than 500 volunteers that showed up last year. With almost no monetary backing the cleanup was able to take 21 TONS of trash out of the desert near Phoenix, AZ.
Thank you for all of your hard work!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

From My Face Book        Tim Huber
Get your official "Four Peaks Pickup" stickers here: http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=982
We also have a "Paypal" donation link set up here. Every little bit helps us cover the costs of the cleanup from a free lunch for the volunteers to the trash bags we use. Thank you!

AZ-Ted:
Great post Wally.  The 4 Peaks Cleanup will be held on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 from 9am-3pm.  For those of you that haven't been, this is a great event that draws hundreds of volunteers from many 4x4 clubs as well as ATV / UTV / and dirtbike clubs.  Last year, we collected over 20 tons of trash!!!  It is a fun time, and they feed us after we are done.

After last year's event, AZXC talked about possibly "sponsoring" the event - at least donating some money to help offset some of the costs (trashbags, signs, food, etc, etc.).  I will definitely make a donation to the cause, but it would be cool to pool our money together and make a presentation to Tim Huber (the event organizer) on behalf of AZXC.  What do you guys (and girls) think about this idea?

T-Ray:
Thanks Wally! I saw the alert on my phone but cannot view it on my work computer.

February 6th, huh? Sounds good to me! We should definitely donate something as a club - either cash, supplies, or food. I'll drop a line to Tim, great idea Ted.  8) Since we will have been a part of this for 3 years now, let's make sure all the Jeepers know us so-called 'mall crawler SUV's' help out the casue too.  :P

AZ-Ted:
I nominate the cleanup as our February Xcursion.

XCJ:

--- Quote from: AZ-Ted on December 08, 2009, 12:43:57 AM ---I nominate the cleanup as our February Xcursion.

--- End quote ---

Agreed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version