collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 15
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    Yesterday at 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Tangle Creek Camp and Kick off run Jan 23rd  (Read 14788 times)

Offline FirstXRS (Zac)

Re: Tangle Creek Camp and Kick off run Jan 23rd
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
I'm going to put myself down for camping both nights. Hopefully I can get the GF to come along.
Any info about the camp site? Facilities present, access to water, proximity to the main road/trail? Any current burn restrictions in place?

Potluck is Saturday night. For everyone camping Friday, how do we want to handle dinner and breakfast? Individual or group?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:06:25 PM by FirstXRS »
Other Toys:
2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r (Supermoto)
1979 Honda CX500 (Custom Build)

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2015, 08:38:31 AM »
I'm going to put myself down for camping both nights. Hopefully I can get the GF to come along.
Any info about the camp site? Facilities present, access to water, proximity to the main road/trail? Any current burn restrictions in place?

Potluck is Saturday night. For everyone camping Friday, how do we want to handle dinner and breakfast? Individual or group?

No facilities, its in the middle of nowhere where near the T junction where Bloody Basin Rd, and CaveCreek Rd. intersect. Its pretty much one big open camp site. The creek was running last time I was there but it wasn't flowing like the river at Sheeps Bridge. I always bring my own water and facilities.

I'm up for a group or community breakfast and dinner. Just let me know who's cooking and what to bring.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:14:59 PM by Chuy »
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline xZilla

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 08:46:56 AM »
I am not a fan of cooking, so if someone would I could bring a bulk case of eggs, some bacon for breakfast and some burgers for lunch dinner?

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »
The AZXC leadership would love for everyone, to join us on the trail and then hangout afterwards for a group camp cookout. You are welcome to stay for the cookout and leave, or spend the night in the desert with us. Breakfast in the morning is likely but there is no current plan. I imagine some of us may or may not be in a hurry to get home.

The hope for this years kickoff run is that everyone brings something to share or add to the event for the cookout. You are not required to bring anything to attend this event. We will post items you are bringing in the original post.

AZXC will do our best to make sure we have the essentials for preparing and serving food. I was thinking we could set up an start/end camp if possible so those who do not want to go on the trail can just enjoy the campsite. If you have a canopy to setup that would help, for sure bring chairs, if you have any dietary needs, be sure to bring them.

We will nominate a cook on the trail...
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »
I can bring some canopies but not sure how sunny it will be but as for cooking i can help out with grill and propane besides my hotdogs i can also help out with breakfast.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »
I can bring some canopies but not sure how sunny it will be but as for cooking i can help out with grill and propane besides my hotdogs i can also help out with breakfast.

Sounds good. I think one is enough, I don't have one. I think Avi has one. It's good to have for a roof over our heads for food prep.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »
Ok, I did a pre-run for the back way to the campsite and updated the geo coordinates in the original post for the actual campsite area. It's very open, and unless there is another large group camping that night there is plenty of space for many of us. There is a smaller area before this one but it isn't very big for our size group. There is a stream but it is currently not running by the site. It is upstream a bit just barely.

88high

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 12:17:20 AM »
Super excited. I'm waking up early and coming down from Prescott to do the Saturday run, then driving back up north later that day. Sounds like y'all have campfire food covered pretty well. I can bring some cases of water and soda or energy drinks... I might need those. That way nothing goes bad on my drive down.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:27:25 AM by 88high - (Duncan) »

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
Super excited. I'm waking up early and coming down from Prescott to do the Saturday run, then driving back up north later that day. Sounds like y'all have campfire food covered pretty well. I can bring some cases of water and soda or energy drinks... I might need those. That way nothing goes bad on my drive down.

We can always use more firewood. Of course, assuming there are no fire restrictions that weekend we'll probably need it with the lower temps.

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 10:42:25 AM »

I think it will be better to recommend everyone bring some firewood especially if we cant camp out together and have to split up if campsites are occupied.
For the AZXC is it ok if i have my brother and his boy contribute to the potluck and camp out saturday only. since he does not own a nissan and his 4x4 vehicle isnt as capable?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:44:05 PM by thupertrooper »

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
We can always use more firewood. Of course, assuming there are no fire restrictions that weekend we'll probably need it with the lower temps.

Rob how cold do you think it was? Did you end up coming out through Bloody Basin road, any snow on the ground?
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 01:49:14 PM »
thupertrooper,

We do recommend that if anyone is coming to the campsite at all, to please bring firewood, regardless of camping overnight or not. It's not required, but it helps us enjoy the evening together comfortably. There is really only one campsite and it is plenty big for a large group. I would be surprised if it is occupied at all that weekend. Chuy posted pictures in this thread of a site with fire pit, that is the campsite. There is a smaller campsite just north of this larger site but it's small and I'd expect that anyone going out there alone would camp there as it is more private.

As far as your question about contributing, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the more contributions the merrier. As an AZXC  coordinated effort, we are only camping Saturday night. There are some members who have mentioned camping Friday night, we aren't coordinating that. If you invited a non-member who is driving the trail please post a name and their vehicle. We do want to keep it minimized to AZXC Nissan club members or at the least potential members.

*Always check the original post for our events as that will have the most pertinent info compiled into one post. This is where your questions will likely have already been answered.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:55:28 PM by pinchel (Rob) »

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
Chuy,

I only went up and down FR24 to check out the campsite. We didn't go west. No idea of condition of the Bloody Basin Road. I think a few us are planning an impromptu pre-run. No details on that. As far as the area I was at, on FR24 there was some iced up water on the higher elevations during the day, which was in the shade. It was a nice temp at the campsite around 3pm, and we were at the trailhead near Carefree around 5pm and still decent temp, but it was rather warm that day compared to the previous weeks.

No snow. The campsite was very undisturbed, maybe some fresh tracks but no recent campers.

Offline XTiki

• Supporting Member
  • Noob
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 08:18:41 PM »
I'll be attending.  Most likely just me in my vehicle and just for the day.  Won't be camping out this year.  I can bring something as far as food goes if we are going to do that somewhat earlier.
3" lift, Radflo's, OME Springs, Maxgear Armor Steel Rear Bumper

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 02:57:44 AM »
I will have a +1 riding with me. Also I hope my SPC ball joints come in. Ordered them last week through Nisstec got an unexpected call from them saying SPC cm out with a new greasable bj but put the wrong boot on so now its all a waiting game. My truck will not be driven until I get them on. I ran the risk of driving to work today but the duking noise is getting worse.

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.