collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: Tangle Creek Camp and Kick off run Jan 23rd  (Read 14864 times)

Offline theonepathfinder

• Noob
Re: Tangle Creek Camp and Kick off run Jan 23rd
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 09:55:35 PM »
 Sorry guys but I don't think I'll be able to make this one either... the monster truck is still under the knife And still needs some testing before taking it out for an event.  With the baby coming next week I just don't think I'll have time to finish it.  Make sure you guys get lots of pics and good video of this event ..Thanks
If you can't crawl up you don't belong up

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »
Sorry guys but I don't think I'll be able to make this one either... the monster truck is still under the knife And still needs some testing before taking it out for an event.  With the baby coming next week I just don't think I'll have time to finish it.  Make sure you guys get lots of pics and good video of this event ..Thanks

Sorry you won't be able to make it.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
I might have missed this but what is the meet time on Saturday morning? What time are guys meeting up on Friday?
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Azfronty99

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 05:17:47 PM »
ill more then likely have 1 other with me. lmk what i should bring to contribute besides firewood
99 frontier 4x4

Offline Stoic V

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 05:53:59 PM »
It looks like my vacation days went through.  I will be heading up Friday afternoon.  I should be able to camp out both nights.  I might be bringing one person and my 2 dogs.  Ill be bringing some firewood and food.
I think Im missing something, Is the actual run the drive to Sheeps Bridge? 

Offline 14Frontier

• Supporting Member
  • D
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »
put me in for saturday and sunday and saturday night potluck

Ill bring brauts and buns.

looking forward to meeting some more of you.
14 Frontier pro4x CC

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
We haven't set an official meet/start time yet, but it will likely be early enough so that we can give everyone ample time to drive on the trail with ample day light.

As far as the trail run, we are planning to run from I-17 to the campsite, depending on the time when we arrive near Tangle Creek, we'll either set up camp or keep running to the Sheeps Bridge area, and then go back to the campsite. If everyone was camping, this would be more likely to happen.

Keep in mind, that the campsite area is a good 2 hours north of a city road with no one in front of you. Maybe less, depending on how fast you can run it. Also, as it does get dark early, and there is a chance that if you plan to head down south from the Tangle Creek area that you might be doing so in the dark. This is the quickest way back to civilization from the camp area that we have chosen.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 02:29:23 PM »
Ok, final details posted. Any questions please ask here. Check Original Post.

Plan for a long day of up to 6 hours or more if you are not camping with us.

Offline FirstXRS (Zac)

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 11:20:49 PM »
It turns out I have a prior commitment on the 23rd that I either forgot about, or hoped would fall through (thus forgetting about it). I will, however, come up that evening anyway for campfire festivities and dinner. It sounds as though almost all the food is covered, so I can bring up a sizable amount of firewood. After the Broken Arrow run, I think I understand just how much this club likes their fires. I can also bring anything else anyone thinks of at the last minute; I'll check this thread before heading up.
Other Toys:
2014 BMW F800GSA
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r (Supermoto)
1979 Honda CX500 (Custom Build)

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 10:01:05 AM »
How many people are camping out that friday night?
I was planning to camp friday but it doesn't make sense to drive to the meet up spot on 1-17 and then drive way back through the campsite. Correct me if im wrong but could we just leave from the campsite as the club is passing? I guess if alot of the club is camping friday it wouldn't be as boring driving back and forth lol
I understand the friday isnt part of the planned event but just wondering.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:02:54 AM by thupertrooper »

Offline xZilla

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2016, 10:29:01 AM »
I was planning to camp friday but it doesn't make sense to drive to the meet up spot on 1-17 and then drive way back through the campsite. Correct me if im wrong but could we just leave from the campsite as the club is passing? I guess if alot of the club is camping friday it wouldn't be as boring driving back and forth lol
I understand the friday isnt part of the planned event but just wondering.

Thanks guys

I was thinking this same thing after I saw the actual camp site location, so I was thinking of a camp/big fire at lake pleasant down the road friday night with a convoy to the meet up spot on i17 Saturday morning.

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
I was planning to camp friday but it doesn't make sense to drive to the meet up spot on 1-17 and then drive way back through the campsite.

I think its a good idea for some people to head up Friday to secure the spot. There is a fair chance it may be occupied if no one does. There aren't very many places to camp at in the area, and The Tangle Creek Riparian area is by far the largest and best.

With a projected group this large and the start time. I guestimate that we won't make it to the camp spot until the afternoon sometime, unless we are racing without any stops. I imagine people would prefer to setup and start cooking before the sunsets at 6pm. Im not even factoring in possible issues like a flat tire or mechanical break down that could occur since the probability always increases with more vehicles.

I have driven those trails and camped in that area before from all directions. The posted plan seems pretty well thought out and makes sense in my opinion.

I have never been up there during the winter but here is a picture of Bloody Basin road during spring break a couple of years ago. I think it was about 80 or 90 degrees in the valley that day. It took me by surprise and easily added much more time to the drive.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:47:34 PM by Chuy »
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 06:43:47 PM »
I was planning to camp friday but it doesn't make sense to drive to the meet up spot on 1-17 and then drive way back through the campsite.

I think its a good idea for some people to head up Friday to secure the spot. There is a fair chance it may be occupied if no one does. There aren't very many places to camp at in the area, and The Tangle Creek Riparian area is by far the largest and best.

With a projected group this large and the start time. I guestimate that we won't make it to the camp spot until the afternoon sometime, unless we are racing without any stops. I imagine people would prefer to setup and start cooking before the sunsets at 6pm. Im not even factoring in possible issues like a flat tire or mechanical break down that could occur since the probability always increases with more vehicles.

I have driven those trails and camped in that area before from all directions. The posted plan seems pretty well thought out and makes sense in my opinion.

There has been a lot of discussion about this among the leadership.  It will come down to who wants to camp, and what they would like to do.  But there are several options, they can just head west when they like and meet the group mid way, or wait till the group passes and join up.  A third option would be to meet at a point of interest such as the stone cabin off 578.  Does anyone else attending have a Ham license, there is a Mt. Ord repeater that should provide good com for the area.     
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »
I'll be bringing firewood but I won't stay long since I'll have a rider and don't know what his schedule is going to be like that night. But how easy is it going to be to get back to the 17 from the camp spot

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 04:39:25 AM »
I'll be bringing firewood but I won't stay long since I'll have a rider and don't know what his schedule is going to be like that night. But how easy is it going to be to get back to the 17 from the camp spot

It is a long but easy trail to the 17 or down carefree to get out.
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.