collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    Today at 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    Today at 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    Today at 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    Today at 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    Today at 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    Yesterday at 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    Yesterday at 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    Yesterday at 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    Yesterday at 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
  • XTiki: Want to make Secret Pass run at noon.
    October 11, 2017, 07:22:07 PM

Author Topic: Moving to Phoenix - July/August 2016  (Read 992 times)

Offline Stephen

• Supporting Member
Moving to Phoenix - July/August 2016
« on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:37 PM »
Well, looks like the wife and I will be moving back to the Phoenix valley; we will be moving to Mesa, Las Sendas area, to be more precise.  We are both from there (moved Feb 2009 to Raleigh, NC) and my work is from home, so I have no geo-limitations on where we live.  She lived in Phx nearly all her life, whereas I have lived all over the US until I started High School at Mountain Pointe HS in Ahwatukee.  We'll be bringing with us our 2 girls and pit/boxer mix, who all like to off-road.  So, if any of you have kids (particularly younger as my girls will be 4 and 6 by the time we get there in July/August 2016) and wife that like to wheel, it will make it a lot more fun.  I am familiar with the area, having wheeled Saguaro Lake (Puebrecito and Bulldog Canyon), out in AJ, and Gold Canyon (the bat cave!), but at the time, I had a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport.  We are both Mormon, so we are typically out for Sunday mod days and runs, but we still like to have a good time and hang out.  I will definitely be hosting mod days and get togethers, as I would like to get more acquanted with the folks in the area.

I have a 2012 Xterra P4X, Titan Swapped.  I'm getting the rear converted to SOA next week or shortly after Xmas.  I'll likely be out there for Xmas this year, but probably won't be bringing the X (unless the SOA is completed).  Right now, I only have a 1.5" shackle on the rear with flat springs and TS length Radflo's on the front set to 2" (ever seen a nearly stock height TS Xterra before? LOL); side note:  I sold my 4", 500# Alcans to a buddy of mine 2 weeks ago, so before then, I had 4" Alcans in the rear, Radflo's at 4", P&P Skid plates, Bucksnort bumper with custom tire carrier, Nisstec Sliders (a relic no longer offered), and some small odds and ends.  Once the SOA gets completed with the stock leaf pack, I'm going to get a set custom ordered from Alcan, plus 400lbs with -1" of lift (yes, MINUS) to try and get the rear about 5-5.5" and the front set at 4.5" (1" spacer, CO's set at 3.5", limiting straps); I'll also take off the extended shackles and rock the stockers.  You may have seen my truck if you ever follow the WENT Windrock threads, as mine was the only rig on 33's without both a front and rear locker (Rear only) that attempted and completed the rock challenge at WENT2015.  I don't mind taking body damage, as long as it's smart damage (Oxymoron).  Last but not least, I am the Treasurer of Nissan Off Roaders - Southeast, which used to be called SeXterra - Southeast Xterra.  We changed our name to be more inclusive of other Nissan wheelers.

Well, I look forward to getting to know more of you.  Like I said, we should be driving out that way for Xmas, putting us in the valley on Monday Dec 21st, maybe Tues Dec 22nd, and leaving right on New Years Day.  Hopefully I can sync up with you folks while I'm out there.  I have gotten into mountain biking a LOT this year, so I will probably bring my 2012 Trek Fuel Ex 7.

Sn0

Offline theonepathfinder

• Noob
Re: Moving to Phoenix - July/August 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »
Welcome back to the valley .. I live in east Mesa so I look forward to meeting you guys and having someone close by. You defiantly should post up a build thread for your truck if you haven't already and I'm sure we all look forward to getting out on the trails with you when you get here..

Offline Stephen

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 07:06:33 AM »
The only hesitation for not having a build thread NOW is I'm at a cross roads right now.  Basically, I have a stock-heigh Titan swap with full skids and tire carrier bumper...not much else to put there! LOL.

I will tell you, I'm really starting to dig the prospect of moving back to AZ.  While I REALLY like it here in Raleigh, I am up for the adventure of Phoenix again.

Sn0

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:20 AM »
Welcome back, it's always a good idea to set up a build page.  Gives you a place to share not just what you have done but plans and ideas for the future. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Stephen

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:01:36 AM »
I just posted it up...not pictures yet, but I'll add them soon.  Just running out of time this morning, so I'll get them up a little later today.