General Discussion > Ham

Welcome to Amateur Radio!

<< < (2/3) > >>

XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin):
I want to buy this so badly! (And learn / take the test etc.) But then I want a snorkel more. Decisions ..

Chuy:

--- Quote from: XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin) on March 24, 2016, 11:09:53 AM ---I want to buy this so badly! (And learn / take the test etc.) But then I want a snorkel more. Decisions ..

--- End quote ---

Just pickup a handheld BaoFeng UV-5R for now. They are $25 on amazon.

Hammer (Avi):
I recommend you buy a programming cable for your radio and download a program called Chirp.  You can find them on ebay cheap.  Chirp works with all radios I have tried, and it allows importing of excel files to download to the radio.  I'll attach my 70cm & 2 meter repeater and common frequency list here.  It took a fair amount of research to put this list together and it is fairly complete for AZ.  If you go out of the state look up repeaters in the area online and program them before heading out.  The list is pretty self explanatory, anything around 144-148Mhz is 2 Meter (most common) anything 440-450Mhz is considered 70cm.  Full band plan Here   

PitSnipe (Kyle):
Just took the HAM pretest knowing nothing about it. Scored a 34%. Now its time to start learning the ways.

Hammer (Avi):
I got a similar score on the General test without reading up.  It does take some studying, but once you go over it a couple of times it will stick. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version