General Discussion > How To / DIY

CB Antenna Setup

(1/3) > >>

Chuy:
Can you guys post some pics of your CB installs and antenna bracket locations? Im about to do mine but Im not sure where to mount the CB or antenna bracket.

TeguTerra:
My CB is in the center console and then I ran a external speaker so I could hear it.  The antenna mount I had to put a 370 thousands offset in it so it formed nicely with the body and all 4 screws are secured and tail light fully snapped back on. 

Ghostrider:
I like that mount. Clean, functional and strong.  I got the Cobra hand held with the mag  antenaa. which worked ok but I need to take the next step!

Good job it professional job! 8)

FirstXRS (Zac):
Wait, how did you get it to fit behind the taillight? That was my first choice, but I couldn't figure it out at the time. I figured it would tweak the light housing out.

With mine, I flattened out the bracket, then bent it back just slightly enough to follow the body so it doesn't interfere with the gate.

TeguTerra:

--- Quote from: FirstXRS on January 01, 2016, 10:59:39 AM ---Wait, how did you get it to fit behind the taillight? That was my first choice, but I couldn't figure it out at the time. I figured it would tweak the light housing out. 

--- End quote ---

The plastic on the back side of the housing is very thick so I just used a sanding bit and removed some plastic to fit the cord through.  Didn't even sacrifice the seal of the tail light.  :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version