Club Information > Club Meeting Information

AZXC Cookoff Planning!

<< < (3/8) > >>

DBAX:
When this was begun, it was meant to be a gathering of multiple off-road clubs (Toyotas, Jeeps, etc) to meet others whom we'd see on the trails, have a raffle, build camaraderie, and eat good chili. It's usually in a park, more of a "show and shine" meeting. I'd be more apt to show up to say Encanto park w/ my family for a day to meet and talk w/ other offroaders while preparing/eating chili than trucking that stuff into the desert to set up.. My $.02<-- There it is.

Stephen:

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on February 17, 2016, 05:35:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Stephen on February 17, 2016, 01:46:28 PM ---If the Chili cookoff can occur in May, I'll be there fo sho!

Sn0

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking no Later than mArch, it's already hitting 90 degrees in the valley and that means come May not many people wanna be eatin' potentially spicey food outside in 100 degree heat...

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, my wife no longer wants to move back to AZ, as NC is now our home, so I'll only be out there twice a year at best from now on.  Still staying active here because I can't wait to get out there and go wheeling with everyone in May.  Pretty much every day after work will be mountain biking, then probably heading over to butcher jones to get in some wheeling after work, which ends at 2PM AZT, and wheeling and MTB every weekend.  I'll be there about 3 weeks.

Sn0

Thupertrooper (Victor):

--- Quote from: Stephen on February 18, 2016, 12:24:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on February 17, 2016, 05:35:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Stephen on February 17, 2016, 01:46:28 PM ---If the Chili cookoff can occur in May, I'll be there fo sho!

Sn0

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, my wife no longer wants to move back to AZ, as NC is now our home, so I'll only be out there twice a year at best from now on.  Still staying active here because I can't wait to get out there and go wheeling with everyone in May.  Pretty much every day after work will be mountain biking, then probably heading over to butcher jones to get in some wheeling after work, which ends at 2PM AZT, and wheeling and MTB every weekend.  I'll be there about 3 weeks.

Sn0

--- End quote ---
When ever you head to Butcher Jones area count me in as well as "theonepathfinder"  8)

Chuy:
The family and I are down for whatever and wherever just need a firm date, so I can skip those pesky family weekend weddings, graduations, quinceañeras, birthdays, baptisms etc. Please, any day other than March 5th UFC 196.

Conundrum:
My chili requires quite a bit of time to cook and is best done at home, then transported to the park where I can add the final touches and bring it all together in another hour or so of cooking. Can't bring chili off-road unless I want that chili car smell that's not an option at the carwash... lol

March is the month that I remember it being done most, I participated for several years before being inactive. (I won't mention who won.. :)

Always a good time to hang out and eat good chili with friends and I'll check back to see what was decided and how you're going about it and if I can make it.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version