collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Soon I will have all I need for a 2" body lift!
    November 29, 2017, 07:34:36 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): M.sainz12 you get your hat from Stephen yet?! lol
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): For a full length cargo rack?
    November 28, 2017, 07:34:18 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a good place to get a net for the roof that reaches front to back of the x?
    November 27, 2017, 12:10:55 PM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson know a place to buy a net for the top of the x that reaches front to back?
    November 27, 2017, 12:07:30 PM
  • m.sainz12: anyone want a small palo verde tree?
    November 25, 2017, 06:11:27 AM
  • DBAX: Happy Thanksgiving maddafaqqas
    November 24, 2017, 09:38:58 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Author Topic: Hello from San Tan Valley  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Crakerjack

• Noob
    • jambork9s
Hello from San Tan Valley
« on: February 13, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
Hello all,

I've been on the side for a few months now, guess I should introduce myself. :)

AZ Native, 29 years old
Picked up a 2012 Pro-4X back in October and found this site and thenewx.org... that's when the mod bug started to bite.
Quickly put on some 285 Ko2's which I love, and just today I ordered some White Knuckle Sliders.
That brings me to my question, I ordered them bare metal because I plan on Rhino Lining them, has anyone done this before and could offer some tips?

If you knew you would be in a fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you trained today?

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hello from San Tan Valley
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »
Hello and welcome
On your question about rhino lineing i haven't done any diy ones but for work we have bedlined some dump trucks with a bedliner company and can tell you that as for sliders i do not recommend unless you plan not to use them lol.
Once its starts peeling there is no way to stop it and rock sliders are ment to be smooth so it doesn't get snagged on rocks.
If you rhino line them i would suggest you only do the upper half and just paint the bottom. Try and scuff up the best you can and wipe clean.

Offline PitSnipe (Kyle)

• Club Vice President
  • Administrator
    • Kyle Zastrow
    • xterraguy81
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:52:42 PM »
Welcome from Surprise. Good to see you made it over to AZXC.

I have never rhino lined anything, but I did bed line my wheels and my sliders. Like Thupertrooper stated make sure you get them nice and clean. Scuff them up good. I covered all my sliders in them and yes rocks have removed the liner. The great thing is just respray where needed.
Eight Time ToTM Winner. July 2013, December 2013, July 2014, December 2014, May 2015, August 2016, February 2017, September 2017

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:10:04 PM »
Welcome to the club, I hate to just copy everyone else's advice but here goes.  I have friends that use the Rhino lining for certain applications, I wouldn't recommend it.  It is too rubbery and you'll get stuck on it.  I use the spray on bedliner from dupont.  It leaves a bit of a sandpaper feel, but it isn't enough the keep the sliders from sliding.  Just buy it from wally world, I find the cans I buy at auto parts stores tend to sit too long and they don't seem to have a long shelf life.  You can powder coat, but I think it's a waste of money, I ripped my powder coat off on ever rock a bashed.  I just spray on some new bedliner and it looks like new. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »
Nice buy, but no pics? Im going to go against the grain here and recommend getting the sliders powder coated. They can do crackle on the top if you want the grip. It will last longer and resist chips from rocks better. Either way if you use them, whatever is on them will get scrapped off. Powder coat is easier to touch up with regular paint.
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Jo-BOB

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 01:26:21 AM »
My sliders are bedlined, and just touch them up as needed, never had an issue.

Offline DBAX

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
Go to a good powder coater, get that done. Add a strip of 3m deck tape to the top if you want skid resistance (no slip). Bam
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline Stephen

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »
My sliders came powdercoated, and I will tell you, there is not much left on the bottom.  Every time I hit them, they scrap off.  HOWEVER, people seem to think PC'ing is not tough, but I would argue it is actually pretty good.  I would not have gotten the PC'ed, but there was no price difference and they were already on the shelf to ship to me.  Honestly, just scuff it up, rattle can with primer, the rattle can with paint is the best route to go.  When the get scuffed up enough to annoy you, just shove a piece of cardboard between the slider and the truck and rattle can away to make it look good as new.  PC'ing is about $120-150, and you'll still want to touch them up (so another $10-15 and 3-4 hours over the life of the truck), whereas the cans of paint are going to cost you, over the life of your ownership, about 5-6 hours of your life TOTAL (touching up twice a year), and about $30.  I mean, it's $90-120 which is money you could put towards other mods (like a body lift).

Sn0

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
Why powder coat when you still have to touch up?
I rattle canned mine and they are holding up as for the bottom who cares it shows you wheeled your rig lol
I used the hammered paint from restolium and looks better then plain o paint.
If you use your sliders as a step to get in the car i still say you bedline the top so it still looks rugged and you have a non slip surface.

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.