collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    Yesterday at 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    Yesterday at 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    Yesterday at 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    Yesterday at 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
  • XTiki: Want to make Secret Pass run at noon.
    October 11, 2017, 07:22:07 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up early Friday from the Valley??  Wanted to make camp by 10am
    October 11, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
  • XTiki: The Valley??  I planned on leaving early to get up for Friday first trail.
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:44 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up Friday morning early from
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:12 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Thursday!?
    October 11, 2017, 06:07:55 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: added pictures to my FS post for my Xterra
    October 11, 2017, 03:38:32 PM

Author Topic: 2010 Xcursions ??  (Read 4131 times)

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
2010 Xcursions ??
« on: December 24, 2009, 01:18:03 AM »
Does AZXC do Xcursions anymore?  Are we planning anything for 2010?  So far, we have proposed that the February Xcursion should be the 4 Peaks Cleanup, and we have historically done the Fat Tire run in August.  Will AZXC have any more Xcursions outside of these two?  Or, is this not an offroading club anymore??

I hate to sound like a douche, but it seems we don't do any actual offroading as a club anymore...
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

T-Ray

Re: 2010 Xcursions ??
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »
Well...when was the last Xcursion or meeting you were at Ted?

I know from speaking with a couple other members and conversations via PM, text, or email with several others that people have been very busy the past few months & haven't been able to get out. Others have been sick and/or have had sick kids.

There was a Xmas tree Xcursion a couple weeks ago.

I haven't been out because of trips to CA, work, family, house projects & not having a truck that is trail ready. As the 'PRESIDENT' I shoulder some of the burden since I have not been to a meeting or Xcursion in a few months as well.  :-\

Kinda hard to get a plan together when all we have online is lurkers and no one chimes in. At meetings it is a cluster f*** of people talking about crap that has nothing to do with planning and running a club. Hell - the last meeting I was at half the people walked off to oogle their trucks or someone else's. If meeting topics are that boring - sorry.  :( I feel like a kindegarten teacher trying to get a bunch of 5 year-olds to pay attention after they just ate a bag of sugar.

I am planning a day run on MLK Day January 18th to the Coves, Florence Junction or maybe Sedona - totally up for debate as to which one.  ???

As for a meeting in January...I suggest the 8th at First Class @ 6:30pm. Get some ideas for the next few months and into the Spring. We also need to decide if the new Critchley is worthy of nomination for membership  :P apparently he is not 'official' - anyone who gets beer in an empty gallon jug for everyone @ the campfire is a good guy in my book!!!

Anyway, hopefully as the 'view count' goes up on this thread, so do the replies. Lately it has been like pulling teeth to get any dialogue going - yet there is a lot of traffic/views, go figure. If folks don't want to reply or add to the discussion at meetings - let me know and we will disslove AZXC. Otherwise, step up and make a positive contribution to the year ahead - 1 or 2 people cannot & should not do it all.

I appreciate where you're coming from Ted, but you haven't excatly given much input online or at meetings lately either. I also DO NOT disagree with you that club events have been lacking lately - both in planning & execution. Again, if there is no interest in a semi-organized club - PM, call, or email me and let me know individually your thoughts on the matter.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:12:55 AM by T-Ray »

Mr. X

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:26:05 PM »
First of all we would like to say Happy New Year to everyone.

We have attended one meeting and one excursion and had a great time.

We would like to become members of this group - it could be so much fun!  How do we do so?

We are members of another car club and they have their calendar for 2010 planned out already.  Naturally, there are dates that are 'tbd' but most of the monthly meetings, annual events and trips are planned.

Out of all the members in the club there should be a committee of people  responsible for organizing events.  Members need to decide how long they want these events to be - just a day or several days.  This should be a few people and not just shouldered on one person.

These events can be divided between several people to handle the different types of events - meetings, dinner events, excursions in or out of state.  Some of these places can be done on an annual basis.

Anyway, that's a non-members input.

T-Ray

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »
Great input Mr. X! That is what we need - ideas, ideas, ideas. Hopefully you can make it to the January meeting and become 'official'. Happy 2010 to you and yours as well.

Now, who else has ideas? There has been at least 7 views of this thread already (not including mine), yet only 3 people providing input...SPEAK UP for the betterment of all!!!!

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »
For the record, the last official Xcursion I was on was Fat Tire in August, and the last meeting was probably in April??  I have not been as active with this club as I was in the past, and that is something that I would like to fix for 2010.  If we do have the meeting on Jan 8th, I'll be there.

I would like to see this club continue and to thrive, and I agree with you Tim, all of the work shouldn't fall on You, Wally, and Adam.  I feel your pain with the meetings - it can be really difficult to get everyone to focus on club business - even for a few minutes.

I do realize that we have many lurkers on the boards, but not too many people speaking up.  That being said, there was a time where we (as a club) didn' t want to discuss club business online, so some people may be reluctant to speak up now.  Hopefully, this too, will change in 2010...

Again, I'm not trying to be difficult - I'm just trying to get some dialogue going because most of us need to be able to plan in advance for things like club meetings and Xcursions.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

T-Ray

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:14 PM »
I agree 100% with you Ted and thank you again for speaking up. I'm very happy that you want to be more involved in the year to come, I have always enjoyed having you around at meetings & on the trail. Plus you have a damn capable truck.  8)

There will be a meeting on January 8th for sure. Even if it is only you & me - there will be a meeting & planning will be tentatively set in stone for 2010  ;)

I still think we need to coordinate a REAL snow run to CK or Payson or Flag - maybe February, in additon to the Clean-Up...? 8)

Aside from details about financials of the club - anything & everything should be able to be discussed online. It is efficient most of the time since we are spread out all over the valley & not everyone can make monthly meetings. So...whomever does not feel comfortable posting opinions or thoughts publicly - let me, Conundrum, or Onix know and we can try to remedy the situation. STOP LURKING & PARTICIPATE!!!! :-*

Offline DBAX

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
Historically we've had several Xcursions throughout the year which anchored our schedule. Fat Tire and the XTERRA Triathlon, FR cleanups after Labor and Memorial Days, sumthin' SWANKy, and the Christmas Party/light parade. Then we filled in blank months w/ members suggestions. I think the process is recorded somewhere w/ the bylaws and whatnot..

Merry Christmas  :)
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

T-Ray

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »
Historically we've had several Xcursions throughout the year which anchored our schedule. Fat Tire and the XTERRA Triathlon, FR cleanups after Labor and Memorial Days, sumthin' SWANKy, and the Christmas Party/light parade. Then we filled in blank months w/ members suggestions. I think the process is recorded somewhere w/ the bylaws and whatnot..

Merry Christmas  :)

Oh I see...the 'process' is right there in the bylaws in plain sight, black & white, english even ::) Not sure where the 'bylaws and whatnot' is coming from... ???

Since the Triathalon is no longer, the April 'Anchor' is also no longer. The 4 Peaks clean-up has been the February 'anchor' for what will be the 3rd year. There was little interest in a Xmas Party this year for one reason or another. Not many people have rigs capable enough to roll with SWANKy anymore since most of the club wheels 2nd Gens.

'Member suggestions' is what I have been trying to attain. Everyone reads the forums, but only a handful contribute. At meetings, everyone has a blank look on their face whenan idea is suggested - if they even pay attention. Hell...I'm all for 'non-member' suggestions...The main thing is dates and times that work for people. Locations and trails is the easy part. No one communicates what daysthey might be interested in getting out in the beautiful backcountry of AZ.

At least you replied to the thread - thats's half the battle at this point. Kudos to you.

Article IV - X'cursions

1. The AZXC will occasionally hold recreational events for club members. Participation in events is voluntary and open to all current members of the club. All members who participate in said events must sign liability releases prior to participation in the event. Liability releases may include, and are not limited to the following:
a. I (member) hereby release the AZXC, it's members, sponsors, and other participants from any and all liability for damage to my vehicle, equipment and personal property, theft of the same, or injury to myself or anyone accompanying me to AZXC events, whether adult or minor, which may result from any participation in club events.
b. I (member) agree that I willingly accept any and all risks of participating in AZXC events.
c. I (member) understand that I am responsible and accept the liability for the safety of any non-club members that I include in any events.
d. I (member) acknowledge that the AZXC advocates the Tread Lightly! mission of responsible outdoor recreation with minimum impact on the environment. Any damage, littering, or disregard to any aspect of the environment may result in disciplinary actions, up to and including dismissal from the club.
2. Any violations of said rules can result in disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal from the AZXC.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:34:46 PM by T-Ray »

Offline DBAX

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
in plain sight, black & white, english even  ::)

???
meh, I don't  belong anymore.. sorry to interrupt.  :-X
I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 09:03:04 AM »
Revrnd......I agree with Mr. X Johnson...... in fact, Mrs. RJCX and I were discussing this a few weeks ago in that the club needs maybe develop a planning commitee, which either as a member or non-member ;D would be happy to be a part of, for all events.

Especially after the Light Parade/Christmas party...we drove to Scottsdale with lights on to only find Wally and Brenda at Oregano's, even though we were not able to stay, kiddo meltdown...COME ON PEOPLE this was something that EVERYONE was all geeked up about through the whole year, and a handful if that showed up?  I even offered to open my home and provide BBQ for everyone, all-be-it in the far East Valley for this event, when nothing was determined, to parade our trucks through what is an AWESOME event with hundreds of people, and cars through the community for the entire month of December. I see this type of event as a great opportunity for club exposure to potentially gain additional members, since I see Xterra's as we all more than likely do , in and out of our community all the time.

TIME is something that we all tend to lack now-a-days in trying to balance our busy work schedules, schooling, family, side businesses, community events, illnesses and getting together with FRIENDS in AZXC.  The planning of events should not be placed soley on one or two individuals. Without proper planning it will always be something that will create issues, and tensions, with everyones schedule.  Having a set scheudule as Mr. X suggested for the calendar year will hopefully increase member and non-member participation.

I did not wish to overstep my bounds with any suggestions.....so that being said I am looking forward a more active and involved 2010.
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

T-Ray

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:37:27 AM »
Not over-stepping at all. thank you for your input.  :)

defibvt

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 03:59:36 PM »
I really can't provide the input since I am no longer a member but I do know that I would like to tag along on your Xcursions.  My Jeep isn't set up for much that is hardcore. 

Most of the time I can't attend meeting do to the fact that I have Dad duty and don't want my son to be a distraction to your club business.  Plus, in the past, meetings used to alternate from the east and then to the west side the following month.  Some people can't always afford to drive to the east side for a meeting every month.

mbs00

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
Plus, in the past, meetings used to alternate from the east and then to the west side the following month.  Some people can't always afford to drive to the east side for a meeting every month.

If you ever want to ride with us to a meeting let me know. If we are going you are more than welcome to ride along.

I would like to see the Xcursions that are not set days rotate from Saturdays and Sundays. I know some people work weekends or work one day of the weekend and if xcursions are always on one day some people will miss out on all of them. I believe most events in 09 were saturday events so if I was not able to take the day off we would miss it. I know some date like cleanups and fat tire are already set but the ones we can control I think should rotate to give more people a chance of going.

Mr. X

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
All of your replies are great.  It's nice to see the growing interest in the club.  We know it will be an exciting 2010.

I will be at the January meeting and look forward to being a part of the planning committee for 2010.     

Offline 08whitex

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »
I am going to try and make it to the Jan 8th meeting. I know there are a lot of us that go out on Xcursions (not affiliated with the club) and some of the times there are 3 or more club members on those Xcursions. I  think setting Xcursions for the year is a good way to get more people to commit. I think if everyone would give input on a couple Xcursions they would like to see, we could fill up a calendar full of excursions.  

I will be the first to admit I have missed the last 2 meetings because it is pointless for me to drive for 45mins to a meeting and not get anything accomplished.

My input is:

Dunes trip
Cinders OHV trip
Potluck Camping trip
Trail run in Sedona (most of the trails are stock vehicle friendly)
08 S 4x4. Couple of things done to it

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.