General Discussion > Guns

Thoughts on good but inexpensive starter pistol

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pax (Eric):

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 04, 2016, 05:10:10 PM ---So seems like price to pay for one new is about $350, that seem right?

--- End quote ---

A gen 3 brand new is around 450 depending on the shop, Gen 4 are around 550 but you can get them used for about 400

Unknown:
If you keep your eye out for used police trade ins you can get a good deal sometimes.

pinchel (Rob):

--- Quote from: Unknown on September 01, 2016, 08:09:14 PM ---If you keep your eye out for used police trade ins you can get a good deal sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Sounds sketchy... haha

Hammer (Avi):

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on September 02, 2016, 07:43:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Unknown on September 01, 2016, 08:09:14 PM ---If you keep your eye out for used police trade ins you can get a good deal sometimes.

--- End quote ---

Sounds sketchy... haha

--- End quote ---

Not sketchy, they are usually well maintained.  Whatever you buy shoot it first, for me and a lot of people the Glocks have too much of an angle between the grip and barrel making them hard to shoot.  You'll want to figure out if you like single stack, double stack, compact, sub compact, or pocket.  Those are the most common carry and CC you'll run into.  I'd pick a caliber, go to the range, buy 100 rounds in that caliber and test out a bunch of guns. 

Ghostrider:

--- Quote from: Chuy on August 04, 2016, 08:01:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 04, 2016, 05:10:10 PM ---So seems like price to pay for one new is about $350, that seem right?

--- End quote ---

I have never seen one sell used for that cheap. Blue Label I think is around $400+ new. Expect to pay between $450-$500.

$350 is what a surplus Makarov goes for or maybe a Canik.

--- End quote ---

That is excellent price, I paid more for mine.  The Glock 9 is easy to shoot, maintain and out of the box is a great value. The only thing I changed was the day sites to night sights.   I had no teething issues  like I have on my  S&W 40. All thought I like how the 40 cal shoots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version