Club Garage > Xterra Garage

Suggestions for rear suspension

<< < (2/4) > >>

AZ Prospector:

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on August 04, 2016, 09:16:53 AM ---You could also add airbags if needed after the springs. Probably the easiest and cheapest sagging mod.

--- End quote ---

Considering these for temp solution, any suggestions on brand/type?

Thupertrooper (Victor):
Airlift 1000 i dont know if anybody else carries them cheap but i got them through 4x4parts.com their shipping is ridiculous though.

Thupertrooper (Victor):

--- Quote from: AZ Prospector on August 04, 2016, 10:43:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Chuy on August 04, 2016, 08:54:50 AM ---It seems like all of the stock Xterra springs sag quickly when under any kind of weight. The stock leaf pack is tiny compared to other stock vehicles in the same weight class.

I went with OME, they are very well made. The gear I carried before that would have sagged my rear end like crazy, but now it doesn't sag at all when loaded up.

I would upgrade the whole pack considering the amount of gear you currently carry and considering your future plans.

--- End quote ---

Does OME stand for something other than Original Manufacturer Equipment?

--- End quote ---

When they say OME it stands for Old Man Emu brand. We refer OEM for original parts.

AZ Prospector:
Thank for all for the suggestions and clarifications.  Can you also please suggest a good shop for suspension work?

AZGeorge:

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on August 04, 2016, 09:16:53 AM ---You could also add airbags if needed after the springs. Probably the easiest and cheapest sagging mod.

--- End quote ---

I went with Airlift.  I wish I went with AAL first.  Air bags are great, but they are prone to popping if you hyper-extend your rear suspension, like, when you roll over rocks, and almost tip over.  I've blown them twice now.  After adding the 2" shackles, I added a 1.25" spacer to the Airlift so it's not pre-extended.  This seems to have worked as I didn't pop them when I jumped the X last weekend.

Airbags are much cheaper than new springs, but they come at a cost.  I love being able to inflate them to adjust the ride when I add weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version