collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    Today at 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    Today at 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    Yesterday at 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    Yesterday at 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    Yesterday at 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    Yesterday at 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM
  • XTiki: Want to make Secret Pass run at noon.
    October 11, 2017, 07:22:07 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up early Friday from the Valley??  Wanted to make camp by 10am
    October 11, 2017, 07:20:57 PM
  • XTiki: The Valley??  I planned on leaving early to get up for Friday first trail.
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:44 PM
  • XTiki: Anybody driving up Friday morning early from
    October 11, 2017, 07:18:12 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Thursday!?
    October 11, 2017, 06:07:55 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: added pictures to my FS post for my Xterra
    October 11, 2017, 03:38:32 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Thanks Pit, wasnt sure if it was okay to post them there.
    October 11, 2017, 10:54:26 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): post your guns for sale in the gun section
    October 11, 2017, 09:33:16 AM

Author Topic: January Xcursion - Lake Pleasant, Jan 30th  (Read 5819 times)

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
January Xcursion - Lake Pleasant, Jan 30th
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
We Phoenicians are so blessed to have a wonderful lake with so much to offer right in our back yard!

Our January Xcursion will be a camping trip to the north side of Lake Pleasant on January 30th. Because of the ever changing water line, the exact location will be determined a few days before and communicated to those going. The lake level right now is at 70 percent and rising. At last Lake xcursion, the level was at 50 percent so the last camping spot is under quite a few feet of water now. But the general location will be in the area between Goose Bay and Coles Bay.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/pdf/2009%20Maps/plesant-11x17-3d.pdf

Roads leading to this area are fine for 2 wheel drive.

Camping fee is $10 per night, Entry only is $6 and boats are $2 all payable to the toll booth on the day of.

This will be a “come when ever works for you” deal so we can accommodate for everyone’s schedules and not have to rush to be at a meeting spot.  If you don’t want to camp, then you can come for lunch or dinner or breakfast for a few hours. A few of us will be rolling out on Saturday at 11-ish from my house and all are welcome to tag along (come a bit early for a cup of coffee). We can meet others at the air down point about 45 minutes after that time. We can also meet anyone who wants to come later and doesn’t know the area and show them the way in.

All behaved, non-aggressive, friendly dogs with good intentions, that play well with others are welcome (there’s nothing like a bully dog to ruin a camping trip for other dogs or a dog that pees on someone’s tent).

Brittany and Marcus will be pre-camping on Friday at the chosen spot for anyone who can’t get camping in on Saturday night. They can post up details for that and all are welcome to join them. We will meet up with them on Saturday afternoon and they will be heading out sometime later after that.

Wally and I will bring our kayaks and all are welcome to use them. I highly recommend wearing a life vest (you don’t want an ear full about how mine saved my life once) so if mine or Wally’s won’t fit, bring your own.

I will do a little trail run sometime during the day so anyone can join in on that.

At the amphitheater on the most south side of the Lake, they are having a Stargazing presentation at 7:30 pm for a couple hours. The fee for this event is covered in your park entry fee. I’d really like to go to this!

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/EventsDetailPublishers.aspx?date=1/30/2010&EventID=8357

After all playing is done for the night, good beer, good camp fire and good friends will be the next order of business.

Post up if you will be attending.

Feel free to post up if you will be bringing something to share with the group.
These are some things that we typically share:
Fire wood
Beer
Breakfast items such as eggs and bacon
Dinner items such as burgers, dogs and chicken wings.
Boats or other recreational toys
(Too much firewood and not enough beer would be a bad thing.)

Edit:Corrected date
Edit: Added head count list

Head Count List
DZRT / DZRT DOG – Meet at House, bringing hot dogs, buns
Onix – Meet at House, bringing eggs
MBS00 Team– Meet at campsite
AZ-Ted – Meet at campsite
Stout X – Meet at campsite, bringing firewood
RJCX – Meet at campsite
Conundrum- Meet at campsite
Skooter x2 - Meet at air down spot
2xplore x2 - Meet at air down spot
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:59:41 PM by DZRT »

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
Re: January Xcursion - Lake Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »
Awesome Brenda!  I'll be there!

Can you edit the date listed above to be Jan 30th (instead of the 20th)?  And maybe add the date to the Subject line.

Thanks for posting this Xcursion!!!
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline stout-x

• Noob
Re: January Xcursion - Lake Pleasant
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »
I will be there.  I can bring some firewood.

Gene

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
Re: January Xcursion - Lake Pleasant, Jan 30th
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
I will do my best to try and make this.  I will be working in Tempe Saturday morning and may head out after that to spend the afternoon hanging out.
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

fangars

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
X is in the shop at ABC Nissan.
Probably cant make it. So much work to do I can not spare much time as it is but I would like to see more of this area.
My wife and I often head for places on the east side of the 17.

skooter

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
hi everyone!!!! miss you all! brenda can i go? if so count me and the girlfriend in!

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:16:07 PM »
Sure thing, Skoot! I'll add you to the head count.

mbs00

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 08:56:52 AM »
Is anybody else going to camp on that Friday the 29th?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:41:42 PM by mbs00 »

XCJ

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
Have fun.  I can't make it.  Have to work.  New shift is Friday-Tuesday 2pm-10pm.  Looks like no more excursions or meetings for me for 6 months.

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
No problem Chase (and Fangers too).  ;)
Just keep checking in to the boards when you have a free moment. Read posts and replay to posts. Then over the summer when your schedule changes back,  you'll be already up to date on everyones business.  :o You won't miss a beat.
Don't forget about Facebook too!

Offline Critchley

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »
WOO HOO my appointment on the 30th rescheduled!!  I will more than likely be able to be there all day for the fun, unless something comes up! 

All the rain this week should make it interesting at the lake.

2009 OR Night Armor

2xplore

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
Not Sure if going to camp or not, but I am off that weekend, so I will grab my girl and come hang out with y'all

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
Summery: 9:30am, Saturday the 30th, may only be day trip... too cold/wimpy.

Added everyone that posted up to the list.

MBS00, Pills (that is the new nickname I'm giving to Brittany), Onix and I scouted out a place for camping. The place that we liked best was a place that we have “picnicked” and kayaked from before. It’s a ways in from the main road, on Coles Wash, but not to hard to get to. This exact spot is outside the park boundary, but you’ll need to pay the fee if you are going to be wheeling in the park bounds. I’d be more that happy to call the park if any one wants to see if they can forgo paying the fee if they just stay put outside of the boundary. Let me know. And don’t forget about Stargazing at 7:30 pm at the lake amphitheater.

We all had lunch up there yesterday… and it was a bit chilly… making me think the nights would be a bit too uncomfortable for my Cali blood. At this moment, we (us four) are thinking that we may just want to make this a day trip. But of course, all who want to camp can stay. And Wally is not interested in bringing the Kayaks. Maybe we’ll roll out after the stargazing presentation.

I will be brining hot dogs and buns (enough for the Head Count List) for lunch. And if we are only going to be spending the day up there, we might want to save the beer for next time.

Anyone have a signature dinner to bring for all?

There is a geocache that we have been trying to get to for a while. It’s only .8 miles from the camp spot, as the bird flys, but will be a nice couple hour tour. Maybe we would like to go find that and you are all welcome to join or just relax at the spot.

PM, Email or text me if you would like the coordinates. If not, then we can all meet at the air down spot. I’m thinking that since many wont be (overnight) camping, if any, then we should push this to an earlier time slot… like 9:30 am (seems that every time we go out wheeling, there isn’t enough day light, need as much time as we can get). If you are on the list and won’t be making it, please let me or someone know so we don’t worry that something happened to you.

If you guys like, we can take the long scenic route to the spot or maybe even find this geocache first. Depending on who or if anyone is going there to relax, maybe we can wheel first then hit the camp site. OR we can hit the camp site first and drop off “the relaxers” then go wheel. You'll have to let me know what you'd like to do.
 ;)

Offline Critchley

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
Sounds like a couple of options for the day all of which sound good.   

If I had enough time i would smoke a pork shoulder for pulled pork sammiches so I was thinking about heading over to The Pork Shop to grab some sausages or brats for lunch/dinner. 

I am not that familiar with the Lake Pleasant area so is everyone meeting at a particular place/time to caravan up on Saturday morning? 

2009 OR Night Armor

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
RJCX... you can met us at my house for coffee between 8:00 and 8:30, then we can roll out together at 8:30 to be there by 9:30. PM sent. Are you going to bring grubbin for dinner??? YUM!
Anyone else wannt met at the house?

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.