Buy / Sell > Rants and Raves

Nisstec MK84 Shock Warranty

(1/3) > >>

Chuy:
I noticed last night when I arrived home that there was a small puddle of oil drops under the Xterra. Under closer inspection it looks like the seals let loose on the shock and blew gold everywhere. Surprisingly enough I haven't noticed any ride performance issues. I e-mailed Nisstec last night and they got back to me in the morning at 7:30, they officially open at 0900, so that was nice. They asked for some photos so I snapped a few.

I called them back around lunch since the X is my DD and I need it fixed ASAP. I spoke to Steven who just happened to be the same guy that e-mailed me. He said they would warranty the shock.

I had to pay for a new one up front, and they said they will ship it out today. As soon as I send back the blown one with the RA# attached they said they would re-fund me the cost minus shipping.

It was fairly painless and without any hassle, so far so good. Im reading Timh review, so stay tuned for Part 2 (The Refund)

Chuy:
Shock arrived today around noon, looks like I need a couple of spring compressors to DIY this at home.

Thupertrooper (Victor):
So far im not too impressed by nisstec. Why not send it ready and built like they were sent to begin with(im thinking thats how they came).
Extra time and money for "their" product being defective. Im curious to see what they tell you was wrong when they rebuild it and sell it to someone else.

Chuy:

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on September 17, 2016, 10:01:32 PM ---So far im not too impressed by nisstec. Why not send it ready and built like they were sent to begin with(im thinking thats how they came).
Extra time and money for "their" product being defective. Im curious to see what they tell you was wrong when they rebuild it and sell it to someone else.

--- End quote ---

Well they did give me the option to send in the whole strut and they would send me a new one. The issue is this is my DD and I need it fixed ASAP.

The only other companies I have ever really dealt with are ARB/OME, TJM, and FYRLYT. They usually just send a complete replacement item first without me having to pay anything upfront. For example I have sent in two ARB 50qt fridges in the past but they always sent one out to me ASAP without any fee. They even set me up with Sierra expeditions to swap out a fridge in the past same day.

TJM has been similar, I was one of their first customers in the US to order and use their stealth 12k winch. When it had a faulty control unit they sent me a new one ASAP, and paid the shipping for me to send in the faulty one. Same thing when I ordered their TREDS, I sent them an e-mail and a pic and 3 days later a new set showed up at my door.

With FYRLYT one of their head lamps had fallen off the bracket, I e-mailed them and sent them pics and their R&D department asked if they could speak to me on Skype. We setup a conference, and they sent me a new headlamp and thanked me for my time ad feedback. They also gave me a new set of upgraded bulbs to try.

With these MK84 coilovers, Im running them at the factory setting they sent them to me at, and like you guys know Im not doing any crazy wheeling in the X, pretty much stuff a stocker can do and has done + DD. It would have been nice to just receive a new coilover ready to swap out without the up-front cost of paying for a new one but this maybe just the way they do business to cover themselves.

Chuy:
It looks like the old shock was defective and the bronze bushing portion actually came unseated.

This was an easy swap, the part that sucked was trying to compress the spring, the coils are too tight to use a normal AutoZone spring compressor, and the Oreilys one doesnt work either. I even bought the harbor freight clam style but it was not strong enough and started to bend.

I finally broke done and called some local shops. None of the retail chains would do the swap. I finally found a little mom and pop shop, in downtown GoodYear who did the swap for $40.

So, this MK84 warranty requires money up front and in the end, but Im glad the new one is in and not leaking all over my driveway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version