Buy / Sell > Rants and Raves

Nisstec MK84 Shock Warranty

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hammer (Avi):
Glad it got sorted, haven't been super impressed by nisstec either.  The spring over for PRG is similar in that my spring compressor wont fit it.  Technically I should be able to just back off the adjustment nut, but I have heard of them being stripped that way. 

Chuy:

--- Quote from: Hammer (Avi) on September 19, 2016, 06:45:14 AM ---Glad it got sorted, haven't been super impressed by nisstec either.  The spring over for PRG is similar in that my spring compressor wont fit it.  Technically I should be able to just back off the adjustment nut, but I have heard of them being stripped that way.

--- End quote ---

I actually tried that first, and it made little difference for me. I was able to jam in the clam style compressor but it was barely able to compress the coil. IMHO its not worth breaking a hand or losing a finger over. I consider myself a fairly liberal person when it comes to safety, but the $40 was worth it.

I have a piece of shrapnel from a blown up MK82, I thought it would be fitting to put the both together for a photo op. Kind of interesting they named their shocks after a bomb.

IYAAYAS!

Thupertrooper (Victor):

--- Quote from: Chuy on September 19, 2016, 05:51:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hammer (Avi) on September 19, 2016, 06:45:14 AM ---Glad it got sorted, haven't been super impressed by nisstec either.  The spring over for PRG is similar in that my spring compressor wont fit it.  Technically I should be able to just back off the adjustment nut, but I have heard of them being stripped that way.

--- End quote ---

I actually tried that first, and it made little difference for me. I was able to jam in the clam style compressor but it was barely able to compress the coil. IMHO its not worth breaking a hand or losing a finger over. I consider myself a fairly liberal person when it comes to safety, but the $40 was worth it.

I have a piece of shrapnel from a blown up MK82, I thought it would be fitting to put the both together for a photo op. Kind of interesting they named their shocks after a bomb.

IYAAYAS!

--- End quote ---

Thats beautiful

Chuy:
Well after a few weeks, I finally received my refund minus shipping charges. The shocks were delivered and signed for back at Nisstec on September 21st. All is well, I'm not to big on the warranty return/exchange process. It cost money upfront and in the end, about $30 in shipping fees, and the initial down payment of ($190) + the fee to get the shock mounted ($40) + my personal install time (Priceless).

It would have been less painful if they just sent me a new shock already mounted on a spring after I sent them pictures, without the down payment. Their refund process is sloooowwwwww with no communication.

In the end you save about $100 vs purchasing a new shock. I believe this was just random bad luck/manufacturing defect. 

pinchel (Rob):
Maybe there's a good reason they are named after a bomb. They blow up. lol Hope this one doesn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version