AZ Trail Info > AZ Trail Info

Soldiers Pass #KeepSoliderPassOpen

(1/2) > >>

Stoic V:
See post for details.

Thupertrooper (Victor):
Do they post trail closures on a website? That trail was open in our AZXC Sedona run earlier in the year. The Arizona offroad book has it listed. But could be closed to storm damage. 

AZ-Ted:

--- Quote from: Stoic V on September 16, 2016, 12:04:18 AM ---Is Soldiers Pass (4x4 Trail) closed in Sedona? Im trying to look up information on the trail and cant find anything...

--- End quote ---
There was an effort to close it to motorized vehicles by the local residents due to all the traffic and noise on that congested trail.  This was mainly due to all the ATVs and UTVs (many of which run loud, aftermarket exhaust) getting stupid on the trail.

Nena Barlow (from Barlow Jeep Rentals) was trying to stop the closure, and encouraged folks to send a letter / email to the appropriate government agency.  I sent an email, and suggested that they issue a noise ordinance (similar to what Cave Creek did years ago).

I haven't heard definitively if it is closed now or not, but it may soon be, if it isn't already.

Chuy:

--- Quote from: Stoic V on September 16, 2016, 12:04:18 AM ---Is Soldiers Pass (4x4 Trail) closed in Sedona? Im trying to look up information on the trail and cant find anything...

--- End quote ---

Its still open I was just there last weekend. Its right in the middle of a neighborhood I wouldn't doubt that it will be closing soon to vehicle traffic. They do have hours and close the gate in the evening.

pinchel (Rob):
We posted a meeting and vote they were having months ago regarding this. They are trying to limit vehicle traffic and make it more hiker friendly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version