Club Information > Archived Member Events

Barlow Jeeps Soldiers Pass Run - All Vehicles 9/24

<< < (2/2)

Chuy:
I was just there a couple of weekends ago, Im not sure what the future holds for the area. I think if they shut it down it really won't make much of a difference for me. I am an avid hiker, I enjoy hiking more than off road driving and I can see both sides of the argument. I don't like the idea of one tour off road service having exclusive rights to a public area. I think that is a little bias and short minded. I like the idea of all or none.

Thupertrooper (Victor):
More money more power

Hammer (Avi):

--- Quote from: Chuy on September 24, 2016, 08:53:46 PM ---I was just there a couple of weekends ago, Im not sure what the future holds for the area. I think if they shut it down it really won't make much of a difference for me. I am an avid hiker, I enjoy hiking more than off road driving and I can see both sides of the argument. I don't like the idea of one tour off road service having exclusive rights to a public area. I think that is a little bias and short minded. I like the idea of all or none.

--- End quote ---
I'm kind of with you on that.  When I last went on this trail I was lucky to go early and beat the rush.  It seemed dangerous to have hikers, offroad vehicles, and low visibility all together.  To be honest it seems like they intentionally made the trail that way in an attempt to cause an issue and eventually shut it down.  The Broken Arrow trail is similar, single track, but at least it is mostly a round about rather than an out and back.  I wish they would make these trails safer and more accessible, but the locals have probably stopped any previous attempts.  And that brings me to my list of gripes.  1)The way they have gone about this is shady as hell, I never even heard about it till now.  2)Giving a private company access and denying the tax payers access screams of government abuse. 3)The people who decided to move into the area knowing that it was a popular destination now act like they own it.  They are retired and have endless time to petition and complain.  These people drive me nuts.  Last year running Broken Arrow they came out to complain that we had stopped on the road, apparently that was a no stopping road.  I wonder who petitioned to get that done.         

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version