Club Information > Club Meeting Information

2017 Kickoff Run Suggestions

<< < (2/9) > >>

pinchel (Rob):
Anything further east, Payson -> Show Low -> ?

Thupertrooper (Victor):
I been wanting to take Cave Creek rd all the way up to Strawberry. With a couple forest roads and looks like 1 river crossing. I havnt had time to drive it so have no clue how the terrain is.

PitSnipe (Kyle):

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on November 09, 2016, 09:19:03 AM ---I been wanting to take Cave Creek rd all the way up to Strawberry. With a couple forest roads and looks like 1 river crossing. I havnt had time to drive it so have no clue how the terrain is.

--- End quote ---

From Sheeps Bridge Ive taken the Cave Creek way home.

Thupertrooper (Victor):

--- Quote from: PitSnipe (Kyle) on November 09, 2016, 09:20:10 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I followed 3 forest roads north of sheeps bridge and made it to Childs Campsite but have to cross the Verde River. After the campsite you get to Strawberry. Way too busy to do a run before the kickoff but if its 2wd it would be a nice backroad convoy to a decent campsite. As for the river crossing who knows how deep it is even though there are trails that show where to cross.

PitSnipe (Kyle):

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on November 09, 2016, 09:26:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: PitSnipe (Kyle) on November 09, 2016, 09:20:10 AM ---

--- End quote ---

I followed 3 forest roads north of sheeps bridge and made it to Childs Campsite but have to cross the Verde River. After the campsite you get to Strawberry. Way too busy to do a run before the kickoff but if its 2wd it would be a nice backroad convoy to a decent campsite. As for the river crossing who knows how deep it is even though there are trails that show where to cross.

--- End quote ---

I believe the Dugas Rd exit off the I17 will also get you to the same side of the river across from Childs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version