Club Information > CANVAZ

CANVAZ 2017 10/14/2017 Planning Thread

<< < (3/19) > >>

Chuy:

--- Quote from: Rubio480 on December 09, 2016, 09:08:20 AM ---Hackberry creek

--- End quote ---

That's an awesome area I haven't ran that trail in a long time. The drive up there is really scenic once you pass Superior.

Hammer (Avi):
I haven't been over there either.  Ideally it would be nice to find a location that is more reasonable for NV and CA people, so keep that in mind too.   

Clifford3200:

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on December 09, 2016, 06:25:38 AM ---Chuy CANVAZ is 4wd only all trails should be 4wd

--- End quote ---

I think that is a but unfair to the Arizona portion because of the somewhat rarity of 4x4s here. Cali offered an easy trail and a hard trail so that multiple events could cater to the whole community. Leaving out the option to invite 2wd people is poor planning in my opinion, extremely unfair...

If you guys are trying to plan an event, and every suggestion is 4x4, leaving out the option for 2wds or stock 4x4s to join, or if its an issue for every single club event then during the sign up, there should be a question in the joining process that asks if the X is 2wd and just reject those that are. It would make planning a lot easier for yall.

Thupertrooper (Victor):
Camping and meet and greet will be 2wd drive friendly but the portion to wheel will be 4x4 only just as in Nevada. FJ / Superior area will be very similiar to the area Nelson Loops we wheeled.

Thupertrooper (Victor):

--- Quote from: Clifford3200 on December 09, 2016, 11:00:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on December 09, 2016, 06:25:38 AM ---Chuy CANVAZ is 4wd only all trails should be 4wd

--- End quote ---

I think that is a but unfair to the Arizona portion because of the somewhat rarity of 4x4s here. Cali offered an easy trail and a hard trail so that multiple events could cater to the whole community. Leaving out the option to invite 2wd people is poor planning in my opinion, extremely unfair...

If you guys are trying to plan an event, and every suggestion is 4x4, leaving out the option for 2wds or stock 4x4s to join, or if its an issue for every single club event then during the sign up, there should be a question in the joining process that asks if the X is 2wd and just reject those that are. It would make planning a lot easier for yall.

--- End quote ---

If we make it 2wd friendly on every trail I don't want 4wd guys from stock to modified getting bored on backcountry dirty roads.

I also don't want 2wd vehicles on 4wd trails getting stuck damaged or hurt.

I don't want to invite 2wd vehicles from out of state to make a drive unless they are going to be riding with someone 4wd.
Anybody 2wd wanting to make the drive for the meet and greet and camping are more then welcome...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version