Club Information > GoneMOAB Information

GoneMoab17

<< < (3/4) > >>

XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin):

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on December 20, 2016, 03:02:57 PM ---Tempted to go i miss Moab.

--- End quote ---

Vic do it! I need a buddy! We could do the overlanding trip for the first 3 days? Then last 2 on the trails? Seems like a fun set up, the overland trip is supposed to be a pretty amazing route. (Blue equivalent) in their scale.

DBAX:
Depending on time (and budget), maybe overnight in VOTG (Valley of the Gods) ,
 and next day a guided tour up Hunts Mesa in Monument Valley
http://www.navajospirittours.com/hunts-mesa.
 Press on in to Utah and climb Moki Dugway
 then visit Goosenecks
and Newspaper rock ..
Sleep somewhere (there's a neat little ruin along the way. can't remember the name, I thought it was Burro Creek but that's here in AZ..). Finally on in to Moab. sure you can wheel all 5 days, but you might consider skipping an easy trail day, and rafting instead ..
 Plan to stay overnight in Hovenweep on the way home, 
 and hike out to the far ruins .
 For fun, you can rent a yurt at the San Juan inn  on the way home too ..
 Maybe check out Mexican Hat? You can see it out the door of the yurt.

Thupertrooper (Victor):
Yea i was looking at the events and the overlanding caught my eye. Plus since you are for sure going i might figure something out. Pathy still a projecf and working on getting my house. Dont want to bite more then i can chew just yet.

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on December 20, 2016, 08:57:12 PM ---Yea i was looking at the events and the overlanding caught my eye. Plus since you are for sure going i might figure something out. Pathy still a projecf and working on getting my house. Dont want to bite more then i can chew just yet.

--- End quote ---

Well let me know, we can plan something for sure. I am 100% going, so there is that!

--- Quote from: Thupertrooper (Victor) on December 20, 2016, 08:57:12 PM ---Yea i was looking at the events and the overlanding caught my eye. Plus since you are for sure going i might figure something out. Pathy still a projecf and working on getting my house. Dont want to bite more then i can chew just yet.

--- End quote ---

I am now signed up as follows:

Day 1 - 3: Overlanding event
Day 4: Dome Plateau
Day 5: Porcupine Rim

I have been ensured the overlanding event would be the one to set the pace for all the GoneMoab's in the future. It will be a Blue - Dark Blue run, with 3-4 spots then ensure me will be a challenge. They will not release the run until all spots are filled for the run (10) and are at 5 rigs currently.

Extremely excited! Then staying at Canyonlands campground for Thursday - Saturday when back in town to shower and enjoy myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version