Club Garage > Xterra Garage

Question about lift and skid plate

(1/2) > >>

AZ Prospector:
So i am upgrading 2013 pro4x suspension to OME and I was wondering if the 1.5" lift will impact the radiator skid plate?  I know the stock skid isn't much, but I do like the extra protection from road debris. 

Chuy:

--- Quote from: AZ Prospector on January 17, 2017, 08:24:44 AM ---So i am upgrading 2013 pro4x suspension to OME and I was wondering if the 1.5" lift will impact the radiator skid plate?  I know the stock skid isn't much, but I do like the extra protection from road debris.

--- End quote ---

Not at all, only if you do a Body lift. There is no change in the frame relation to the body/bumpers when doing a suspension lift.

AZ Prospector:
Thank you. FYI, slow down and air down on those wash board roads. So far I have had both engine mounts, body mount and control arms replaced. All but the body mount have been covered under extended warranty. 

Also, is anyone in need of the pro4x 2013 suspension?  I believe all is good except for the rear leaking shocks.  If so, let me know otherwise going in the dumpster.

AZGeorge:

--- Quote from: AZ Prospector on January 17, 2017, 06:16:11 PM ---Also, is anyone in need of the pro4x 2013 suspension?  I believe all is good except for the rear leaking shocks.  If so, let me know otherwise going in the dumpster.

--- End quote ---

Post it in the for sale section.  Also on Facebook.  I sent some weird parts to better places than the landfill this way.

baronjon:
You might want to upgrade your tires as well since you got a lift kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version