General Discussion > Open Discussions

Jeep Recovery Post from VJC

(1/1)

DZRT:
I just thought I'd share a post with pics that I found interesting.
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=53894

(Positive and constructive comments only! No bashing or name calling any more on these boards! The intention of this post is for conversation and learning only...)

dezurtrat:
Ouch. That sucks. I hope it was paid for. He never said whether it was insure or not. I'd clean it off real good. Pull the intake and plugs and try and get all the water and mud out then see if she can still run. Then go from there.

DZRT:
I asked Wally what would be the point of towing it home, Ďcause it looks totaled. He said that the parts on it are worth it.
I tell ya, Iím really impressed with the amount of help that was offered to this guy on the on the VJC boards. What a great group of people they are!
I'd like to keep up on this story to see if he gets it running. For this guy, It's only upward from here.  ;)

AZ-Ted:
Positive and constructive comments?  Don't wheel during a 50yr flood.  Don't park your vehicle in a wash - especially during a rainstorm.  If you're caught out in a flood (in between washes), go to high ground and wait it out.  Do not try to "make it" across a flooded wash.  Always carry extra supplies (i.e. food, water, etc.) when wheeling.

Bummer for this guy.  I hope something on his rig is can be saved, but it looks pretty beat up.

dezurtrat:

--- Quote from: DZRT on January 24, 2010, 03:22:22 PM ---...I tell ya, Iím really impressed with the amount of help that was offered to this guy on the on the VJC boards. What a great group of people they are!
--- End quote ---

I agree. I was almost shocked at the amount of help he got. Definitely a great group of guys!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version