collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 20
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Stoic V I have sent you a few PM, I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Yesterday at 09:50:19 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 98% sure I'll be doing Crown King
    Yesterday at 06:55:40 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): @Stephen well AZXC does their yearly sedona run but wont be till April.
    Yesterday at 05:48:10 PM
  • Stephen: I have never run any trails in Sedona since I've lived here...need to fix that asap
    Yesterday at 12:55:37 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Crown King Next Saturday!
    Yesterday at 10:36:13 AM
  • Stephen: Folks, running Sedona next Saturday, then going to the muerte festival later that evening. Going up with a jeep buddy...family friendly
    October 21, 2017, 07:03:03 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: 2010 or newer. I like the charcoal center.
    October 20, 2017, 01:50:20 PM
  • Stoic V: I have a set of 4, off a 2012.  Which design/year are you looking for?
    October 20, 2017, 08:49:27 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    October 19, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    October 18, 2017, 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    October 18, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    October 18, 2017, 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    October 18, 2017, 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    October 18, 2017, 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM

Author Topic: April Xcursion - CANCELLED - Dirty 6 Mud Run  (Read 7824 times)

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
April Xcursion - CANCELLED - Dirty 6 Mud Run
« on: January 25, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »
Just wanted to start the thread early for our April Xcursion.  It is the Dirty 6 Mud Run, and it is on Saturday, April 24th at Wildhorse Pass in Chandler.  The Dirty 6 is a six mile footrace through a muddy track.  This is our second year volunteering at this event.  Last year, we staged our trucks on the course, stretched construction netting across the course, and had the runners jump over / duck under the netting.

It is a great event, and it is a good chance to get some mud on your vehicle.

The event is put on by DCB Adventures (the same people that used to do the Xterra Triathlon).  Here is the official website:  http://dcbadventures.com/dcb/DCB/DIRTY_6.html

I have called and emailed David at DCB, so I should get more details soon.

Edit: changed title to cancelled
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:54:37 PM by DZRT »
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
Re: April Xcursion - Sat. April 24th - Dirty 6 Mud Run
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:01:25 AM »
I'll be looking forward to this! Mud makes me giggle...  ::)
Thanks, AZ-Ted!

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:21 PM »
I received an email back from David from DCB Adventures, and he is exctied to work with us again.  For those of you that don't know, we have been working with DCB Adventures for the last 8 years.  7 of those years, AZXC volunteered at the Xterra Triathlon, and last year DCB changed the event to the Dirty 6 Mud Run.

We will again have the first obstacle (and most likely the final obstacle too).  We will have two water trucks, and a fire hydrant (and a fire hose, I'm assuming) at our disposal.  At the first obstacle, the objective is to get the runners wet, as the mud will come later in the course.

Last year, we had the water trucks spraying the runners as the entered the hurdles.  We had construction netting strung out between the trucks - some were set low (to jump over) and some were set high (to duck under).  This was OK, but we had a lot of people bunching up.  It was almost too difficult for the runners to negotiate the low/high hurdle combinations.

For this year, I was thinking about having 3-5 sets of short hurdles (railroad ties) to jump over.  People can either jump over the them, or step up on them and then walk over.

The last obstacle worked really well last year.  We flooded the area, and lined the trucks up so the runners had to run through the mud.  Many of the runners enjoyed this part of the course.  In fact, quite a few of them stopped / dropped / and rolled in the mud!!!

I'll post up when I hear more from David at DCB.  In the meantime, does anyone know where we can score some free railroad ties?  I'm thinking we'll need 8-10 ties.

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
In the meantime, does anyone know where we can score some free railroad ties?  I'm thinking we'll need 8-10 ties.
If we can't find TIES, I know were we can find some stock Xterra TIRES...  ;D

I'm looking forward to this! Thanks for setting this up for us Ted!

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:51:48 PM »
This is on my calendar. I may even let the kiddo do the kids run at 11. 

The tire idea is good, maybe place them in the mud and have them run through them like football training.
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »
Just a quick update...

I met with David today... he showed me the area were our obstacle will be, which is the same exact place as last year. There are more players this year like Red Bull and New Times, so it will be a cool event. He said that he would feed us, hydrate us (you have to byob though) and get us volunteer shirts with the Dirt Girl logo. (I know that you all were told that you were going to be fed last year and it never happened. But if anything EVER happens like that again... I will personally take care of you guys. You should be having a good time and not getting bummed.  ;) )

AND BTW... David said that you all got T-shirts last year... but I have never seen any of you wear them.  ??? Did you get them?

I told David that I would get back in touch with him in a few days with an idea for our obstacle. 
Can we do tires??? Do we have enough tires??? I only have four.
Do we have construction netting???
Railroad ties???

Post up if you have an idea or not. We also need to start getting an idea of a head count.

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »
Brenda, thanks for meeting with David from DCB.  We didn't retain the construction neeting from last year, and I don't have any tires, nor any railroad ties.  I think any of the three ideas would work, we just need to figure this out quickly.  Construction netting is probably the easiest to deal with...

As for last year, the only thing we got was water.  Shirts that were supposed to go to us went to the runners, as they had more people sign up than they were expecting.

So, who is in?

So far, it looks like:  Brenda, Wally, Robert, Ted.  We'll need at least 8 trucks total, so we need at least 4 more poeple...

Onix

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 11:57:34 AM »
I have about 6 tires and Brens 4 .plus we can pick up netting at lowes ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:30:41 PM by Onix »

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:30:51 PM »
Can we get construction netting??? Do we have to buy it? If so, expensive???
Why don't we do both... 10 tires and netting. And Music... David liked the music.

Onix

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »
I will bring the trailer for the tires .

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:40:40 PM »
Adam could probably check out to see how much we paid for the construction netting last year (and where we bought it from). 

Onix

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 12:53:34 PM »
I just spoke to discount tire and i can have as many tires as i need.

Offline Critchley

• Robert James Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »
I might have access to a bunchconstruction netting through my neighbor....I will let you all know ASAP.
"Ashes to ashes, Beer to pee" - Anonymous

2009 OR Night Armor

Offline DZRT

• MySpace Page
Re: April Xcursion - CANCELLED - Dirty 6 Mud Run
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »
After consideration amongst the officers, we've come to the conclusion that this type of event is not the direction we want to go this year as a club.
We were asked quite a few months ago to return to the event this year. We were asked at a time when many things were up in the air. Now that the dust has settled, we see a bit clearer now; we find that simply no one is really interested in it. And that's ok! The Dirty 6 Mud Run is a profit event benefiting private individuals...
As a club, we need to focus this year on the activities that mean the most of us: having fun and volunteering for good causes. We had a blast at the Four Peaks Clean up and we did good. We made a huge difference at Fat Tire and raised a lot of money for charity. We enjoy our hanging at our club meetings and we have fun on our official and non-official Xcursions. This is what we are about. This is what we need to do. ;)

So, we need to move fast!!! What do you guys wanna do for April Xcursion!!!

Post up these ideas in the new April Xcursion thread.