collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • remo1991(Brent): I'm in Tucson always looking for something to do
    Yesterday at 07:52:12 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): New Club patches are coming soon...pics just posted! Who wants some?! [link]
    November 17, 2017, 06:37:09 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): There's a few members in Tucson, but not sure what their availability is.
    November 17, 2017, 10:44:00 AM
  • cjohan: anyone in tucson? need to do the bypass but would rather have help then do it myself
    November 15, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
  • HBIII: Thanks, I will check them out
    November 12, 2017, 02:40:02 PM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): Phx rack and axle has lifetime replacement on there rack and pinions.
    November 12, 2017, 10:44:55 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Sounds like your replacement rack was bad.
    November 12, 2017, 08:28:27 AM
  • HBIII: The assembly is leaking in both sides and the boots on the inner tie rods are both ripped open leading them to believe it is all related. Sorry I'm not the best with suspension knowledge
    November 10, 2017, 03:14:54 PM
  • cjohan: inner tie rods?
    November 10, 2017, 02:18:28 PM
  • HBIII: Inner tie rods
    November 10, 2017, 02:11:18 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): fans are controlled by the coolant temp. When coolant temp is above specified temp the fans will come on.
    November 10, 2017, 01:36:02 PM
  • cjohan: anyone have there fans come on with engine? a/c and heat off
    November 10, 2017, 01:19:49 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): where exactly did it fail?
    November 10, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
  • HBIII: The factory rack failed at 48k miles and now the replacement just failed at 71k miles and I don't know why
    November 10, 2017, 06:41:15 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Elaborate "eat steering assembly"
    November 10, 2017, 03:53:49 AM
  • HBIII: Preferably in the valley. Thanks
    November 10, 2017, 12:21:39 AM
  • HBIII: Anyone have recommendation for someone that can diagnose an issue causing my X to eat steering assemblies?
    November 10, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
  • Forrest: Charouleau gap is a fun but difficult trail I try to go up there once a month
    November 09, 2017, 07:46:05 AM
  • 14Frontier: I have been up to kiss rock on the gap
    November 07, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
  • remo1991(Brent): Yup fun trail
    November 05, 2017, 07:00:20 AM

Author Topic: PRG Products  (Read 893 times)

Offline 07offroadx

• At Cliff's edge
PRG Products
« on: March 31, 2017, 04:54:27 PM »
Not sure if they are a sponsor or not. I tried looking to see who all the sponsors are.
Needless to say I am having a big issue with them. Maybe someone can give some input on this issue as well.
So I just returned from overseas and while I was gone my brother ordered $2k worth of parts for a titan swap on FEB22 and they were promised on MAR10. After some calls and emails we received excuses blaming the company that makes the leaf springs, then another excuse about powder coating. They were promised again on the 16th then again on the 24th. Just sent another email this morning and tried calling with no response. Has anyone else had this issue as well? Any info or rants is accepted. #doneventing
Prepare for the worst; Hope for the best.

Offline Rubio480

• Supporting Member
    • Rubio_pro4x
Re: PRG Products
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »
I have had great experiences with prg and shitty ones with them.

I know many people who have had issues with shipping times.
2011 FRONTIER  PRO4X

WFB

*CO-FOUNDER OF COPPERSTATE NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS*

Offline Rubio480

• Supporting Member
    • Rubio_pro4x
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:41:58 AM »
I would call and leave a message regarding a dispute with paypal or cc company. Greg got back to me so quick after that
2011 FRONTIER  PRO4X

WFB

*CO-FOUNDER OF COPPERSTATE NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS*

Offline AZ-Ted

• AZ-Ted's YouTube Site
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:23 AM »
Greg, the owner of PRG is a great guy, and does a lot for the very limited Nissan aftermarket parts community.  You are buying customized parts that are produced in batches.  There can be unexpected wait times with some of the products he sells.  He gives updated shipping dates based on what his suppliers are telling him (not all products are stocked at all times - this is not Amazon).

The difficulty is that PRG is a small company with like 1-3 employees.  He can be hard to get in touch with, but when you do reach him, you will be pleasantly surprised.  He has a ton of great information, not only before the sale, but after the sale, the installation, and on going maintenance (there is maintenance that will be needed on the UCAs, the coilovers, and the LCAs).

I bought my TS from him back in 2009, and did a refresh in 2016.  Both times, there were delays, but I am more than happy with my products from PRG.
2006 XOR; Titan Swapped; Fully Shrocked, etc., etc.
2013 Titan Pro4X:  A.R.E. "Z" series truck cap

Offline 07offroadx

• At Cliff's edge
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I will keep all this in mind. Was just a little disappointed and sad that it wasn't ready when I got back to the states.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
Unfortunately, none of the aftermarket suppliers are as consistent as we'd like.  I've found if there products are shown in stock and ordered online there are usually no issues.  Getting ahold of Greg can be difficult, but he always has all the answers when you do.  The products seem to be superior to the other options as well.  Especially their UCAs.  Unfortunately we don't have the support the Jeeps have and suppliers can't just keep a large inventory.  Hopefully you have better experiences in the future.
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline 14Frontier

• Supporting Member
  • D
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
Likely the delay is from the manufacturer
My recent prg order below with 1-3 weel delivery time
Radflows are drop shipped
Spc arms are drop shipped,
Bilstien shocks and cam bolts from prg.

Leafs would be custom and likely drop shipped.

For me, Calling M, T, Th between 8-9, has always resulted in a call back same day. Granted the Voice mail referenced christmas until mid january.

For reference my hefty sliders sat in powdercoat for 4-5 weeks, and after my first two weekly inferences of where my overdue parts are, i no longer recieved replies.

I would absolutely order from prg again, and have recived some excelent technical support from him.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:17:33 PM by 14Frontier »
14 Frontier pro4x CC

Offline Desert-X-Guy

• Noob
    • stallingsphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »
Guessing you guys haven't seen the info on thenewx by Blinkd_Io    http://www.thenewx.org/forum/28-prg-products/53962-what-has-been-your-experience-prg-99.html
 or Gregs facebook lately. 

He is now committed to not promising dates, not doing any rebuild work or any work that he just doesn't want to do (which resulted in him shipping back several people their parts that were supposedly almost done but in fact haven't been touched) and a bunch of other stuff.   He seems hit and miss but his misses are like a 2007 Barry Bonds whiffing at tee-ball.

Objectively I've not used him and was on the fence, but after trying to contact Greg now on several occasions and failing, I went with Nisstec, the company that answers their phones and emails.

Offline PitSnipe (Kyle)

• Club Vice President
  • Administrator
    • Kyle Zastrow
    • xterraguy81
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 07:15:31 AM »
Hopefully PRG isn't turning into how Xoskel turned out.
Eight Time ToTM Winner. July 2013, December 2013, July 2014, December 2014, May 2015, August 2016, February 2017, September 2017

Offline remo1991(Brent)

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 01:36:37 PM »
What ever happened to John ( Xoskel)
T-swap / Snorkel

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:59 AM »
That's really sad to hear.  I'm not a big fan of Nisstec's UCAs, other than that their kits are good.  It hurts the X community to have less suppliers and less options. 
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline 07offroadx

• At Cliff's edge
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
So an update:
This week we received the UCAs(powder coated as asked), rear shackles(not powder coated as asked), and the AALs. Still waiting on everything else. I traveled to AZ to see family but I didn't go see my Xterra because I just didn't want to be upset that it isn't done yet. I really hope Greg does figure everything out though. Y'all make him seem like a really good guy but it sounds like he needs to figure some things out. I just can't wait to get everything and be another step forward on this project.

Offline Desert-X-Guy

• Noob
    • stallingsphotography.com
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
I completely hear that, and not sure if getting partial refund and getting the rest of your order for someone else is an option but if so, might be much much faster.

Offline 07offroadx

• At Cliff's edge
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
So another update: There have been more failed attempts to get ahold of Greg. I did just read ALL the forum posts on the TheNewX with the link provided. It is now 02 MAY and still no Coilovers. Payment was made 22 FEB making that now 69 days with money spent and nothing to show for it. I sent Greg a long a** email today explaining absolutely every detail I could and did not blow up or get angry in anyway. I simply stated the facts about my order and the issues I had with it. I also told him I still want everything I ordered and want to come to a resolution in a difference in price.

In all honesty, I can understand that he runs a small company and his facebook post about delivery dates is not, IMHO, what we all wanted to hear. I believe he needs to focus on customers who are spending money with his company (not tech support, so much), and on getting orders filled and out in a reasonable amount of time. No where, that I could see, does it say he rebuilds stuff on his website. So why does he waste his time doing these projects that he clearly does not want and instead pissing off so many customers. Depending on how this whole transaction ends will determine if I ever do business with him again. I just hope he sees my email and gives me a call or a reply of some sort to get this all resolved.

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »
Not sure if since gonemoab is around the corner he is swamped. But still unacceptable