collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone got some Pro 4x or Off Road trim line wheels laying around?
    Today at 12:37:41 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I mounted two yesterday and the other three will arrive today
    Yesterday at 11:01:10 AM
  • remo1991(Brent): pictures
    Yesterday at 09:38:53 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): These mud terrains look awesome
    Yesterday at 09:07:24 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got a good deal on the Mastercraft Courser MXT from work. I blew a tire and slided another at CANVAZ. My duratracs were getting low already so I jumped on the new tires. I stayed with the 285/75R16
    Yesterday at 09:06:53 AM
  • DBAX: 5 new tires is always fun. What'd you go w/ Kyle?
    Yesterday at 07:52:29 AM
  • XTiki: I'll clean the tent out next weekend.  ha
    October 17, 2017, 09:20:48 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I got 5 new tires today
    October 17, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Did you get it fixed?
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:36 PM
  • Hammer (Avi): It was a great weekend, we decided to stop in flag instead of going home, but now its back to work and real life
    October 17, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Coffee & Crawlers is every 2nd Saturday.
    October 16, 2017, 03:31:12 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Just finished unloading my X. Still smells like smoke.
    October 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): CANVAZ was a blast still haven't fully unloaded the truck.
    October 16, 2017, 08:47:00 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): Got homenfrom CANVAZ at 730pm. Was so tired we all took a shower and went to bed. Now to unpack the X and clean it up. It was a great weekend. Thanks to all that attended. We didn't get a final rig count but it was somewhere in the ballpark of 26.
    October 16, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
  • Forrest: How often does coffee and crawlers happen?
    October 13, 2017, 04:00:15 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): First day of CANVAZ 2017!
    October 13, 2017, 06:41:09 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I was trying to get everything ready since Wednesday but couldnt get my rig aligned so friday morning it is for me. Ill post my actual departure to meet up with some of you guys
    October 12, 2017, 06:53:36 AM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Well I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Xterra.
    October 12, 2017, 06:48:48 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Depends though, I'm waiting on some details before I can set a final departing time.
    October 11, 2017, 07:27:21 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): I plan to drive up no later than Friday morning.
    October 11, 2017, 07:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Edwin from Cali  (Read 449 times)

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
Edwin from Cali
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Hello all, 
Name is Edwin Avelar and currently live in the outskirts of Los Angeles. I come over from SCCX & TNX and hopefully this board could possibly be my new home forum. Me and my family are very considering moving to the Phoenix area due my wife wanting to  finish up her nursing schooling in Phoenix. With that said we would like to ask for the local residence for advise on how is the life in AZ. lol We are planning a trip hopefully around labor day weekend to check out the city and neighborhoods, but as far as all the good food stops or trails/camping areas to go explore. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Enough talking so here are a few pics of my rig.

Offline Hammer (Avi)

• Club President
  • Administrator
Re: Edwin from Cali
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:41 AM »
Welcome to the club! I'm sure you can find some good advice here, there are lots of trails and good food.  Do you have an idea of where you are considering moving to?
PRG Advanced lift
Xoskel Sliders and Roof Rack
Full skids

Offline PitSnipe (Kyle)

• Club Vice President
  • Administrator
    • Kyle Zastrow
    • xterraguy81
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:14:30 AM »
Welcome to AZXC. Phoenix, AZ, and AZXC has a lot to offer and is full of great people. Youll have no problems finding trails and camping locations.

Phoenix is huge and has lots of suburbs. So where you reside is all up to you. We can give you advice as to what area you are looking to move to.
Eight Time ToTM Winner. July 2013, December 2013, July 2014, December 2014, May 2015, August 2016, February 2017, September 2017

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:22:40 AM »
Living is good in the Phoenix area, if you don't mind the heat. Welcome aboard the forum! Feel free to chime in and add your thoughts on anything outdoors.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Thupertrooper (Victor)

• AZXC Event Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »
Welcome  8)

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:57:57 PM »
Welcome to the club! I'm sure you can find some good advice here, there are lots of trails and good food.  Do you have an idea of where you are considering moving to?
We are looking into the Chandler, Gilbert or maybe Scottdale area. My wife is finishing up her nursing so we will need to be near a college.

Welcome to AZXC. Phoenix, AZ, and AZXC has a lot to offer and is full of great people. Youll have no problems finding trails and camping locations.

Phoenix is huge and has lots of suburbs. So where you reside is all up to you. We can give you advice as to what area you are looking to move to.
Thanks for the heads up. Will be taking a few trips to Phoenix and scope around.

Living is good in the Phoenix area, if you don't mind the heat. Welcome aboard the forum! Feel free to chime in and add your thoughts on anything outdoors.
Weather is something I can tolerate, just abit worried about my 1yr old son and my dog. A/C for them all day.

Welcome  8)
Thanks!

Offline Thatsgr8 (Scott)

• Scott May
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 07:33:08 PM »
As far as colleges are concerned, your wife needs to narrow down which one she is looking at attending.  There are colleges everywhere and almost in every city.  Scottsdale for example will have higher home prices or rent which ever fits you.  Chandler and Gilbert are very nice as well.  I travel all over the valley everyday.  I see the good areas and the bad areas as well.  There are pockets in every city that you want to stay away from unless you are talking about Paradise Valley.  To expensive for my blood.  Million $$ + homes.  If your wife is attending ASU to finish then maybe South Scottsdale or Tempe.  North Chandler is also good.  Let us know if we can help you out in anyway.  I can always do some scouting if you have an area in mind.
You can't fix stupid

Offline m.sainz12

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 11:28:10 PM »
Welcome from north phoenix soon to be north Peoria. Life is awesome here if you don't mind sweating your balls off 3-4 months out of the year. My fiancé is in her first year of being a nurse and she actually got her degrees from Glendale community college and NAU. Took her 2 years and cost a fraction of the price as going to a university. If she has any questions pm me and I can get her in touch with my fiancé.

Offline XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin)

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »
I am a college recruiter (specifically for NAU) but my wife is starting to work for ASU, do not hesitate to reach out! I would be happy to help.
ToTM February 2016, May 2016

Nisstec Extended Travel Lift ~3 inch suspension lift, Sasa Sliders, Snorkel

Offline Rubio480

• Supporting Member
    • Rubio_pro4x
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 08:27:48 PM »
MCC Has a great nursing program in Mesa.

Chandler, Gilbert, and east mesa area is great! I would reccommend that over Scottsdale all day.
2011 FRONTIER  PRO4X

WFB

*CO-FOUNDER OF COPPERSTATE NISSAN ENTHUSIASTS*

Copyright ©2015 Arizona Xterra Club The Nissan names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd and is no way affiliated with this site. All posts are the property of the posters and are not the responsibility of the Arizona Xterra Club, it's affiliates, web hosts or associated companies.