Buy / Sell > Rants and Raves

PRG Customer Service

(1/1)

XTiki:
My experience with PRG.  Extremely poor customer service and response post purchase.  I went with them for a 3" lift kit because they seemed to offer an assembly of the lift kit parts I wanted that other companies could not or would not. 

I also went with them due to Greg at PRG reporting to me that his shocks are made to custom length for the use and because of that, spacers are not needed, like kits from Nisstec.  So without researching those comments being valid or not or further research if the same type of kits not needing spacers were available elsewhere I went forward and purchased from him. We are all busy.  Its seemed like a decent decision with the research I had done.  My post is not about the parts (other than shackles that I'm not sure are going to work or not yet).  The delivery was fairly timely and he had followed up until delivery was complete.

Since delivery though, there have been assembly questions and questions about the shackles which I need to determine if they need to be returned or not.  I'm taking the rest of the kit to a shop for installation of the coil overs and they are now going to look at and try to work with the shackles and tell me what they think.

PRG will leave you hanging, post sale.  Once he has your cash weather the parts work or not, return issues, tech support, or just general customer service, you'll be lucky to get ahold of him.  He has returned a call to me about once every ten days over a month.  If I couldn't answer in time I've called him back repeated immediately after and he doesn't answer.  The guy is just going through the motions.  Drop ship companies barely exist in a real sense and this guy is typical of that.  Nisstec and Radflo, since my purchase have answered their phones or called me back in a timely fashion, same day.  That is what anyone would expect of any business.  PRG is just going through the motions.  Its not a major crime just extremely frustrating.  I don't have the time for this nonsense with him and I'm sure most of the rest of you don't either. I had read mixed reviews of PRG/Greg online but felt there was enough good to go forward.  Make your decisions from there. 

m.sainz12:
That's a bummer man I'm really sorry to hear about this.. Greg even posted on fb that he promised to his costumers he will be better. But hearing your experience and my experience with emailing him about parts and never hearing back leads me to belive he doesn't care.

XTiki:
Are you the other member who is actively having problems?  I thought I read on here somewhere in my install post by pinchel that another member was having problems and there was $$ involved for undelivered parts or something of that nature.

My post continued;;  Someone on this forum who has access to Greg let him know about my post.  He called today looking for me by my Xtiki name and let me know this.  He was responsive to my questions about if the shackles were the right parts or not.  BTW, they are and the small amount of play we experienced when installed is supposed to be designed into their aftermarket shackles.  He predicts that when properly installed and tightened that the play will actually relieve pressure on the rear shackle when off roading that might otherwise cause damage to the spring pack. 

So I can't really change my report of what has been a poor experience to date but I can say, that after it went this far with my public belly aching, he called and was very customer service oriented.  It was a positive phone conversation and we only talked about the technical information I needed.  No bitching on my part. 

I tried to tell him about another member who was having problems in our club but I didn't have enough information to give him. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version