General Discussion > Open Discussions

Crash 13 miles ahead

(1/1)

AZGeorge:
So there we were yesterday, the Missus and I, going South on I-17 about 12 miles from Sunset Point, and the electric sign flashed:
Crash 13 miles ahead
All traffic stopped 10 miles

Not good.  Traffic is already congesting and we have 10 miles to go.  Donelle asks google for traffic, and it says we're an hour from home with the crash.  Well, last time I asked google about traffic was the 303 fire, and Map Lady said 35 minute delay.  Took us 70 minutes to get home.  So I figure Map Lady is going to be off by 50% on this one, too.  Lookie there: "Bloody Basin Road 1 mile"  Ding!!!  I can take Bloody Basin Road to Cave Creek - and so we do.  Got the magic AZ Trails book, plus Donelle remembered to 2016 AZXC Kickoff Run, so off towards Sheep's Bridge we go, hit FR24 South, and end up in Cave Creek. 

Saw rabbits, deer, cattle, and a ton of stupid two-legged critters walking in the road watching fireworks.  Most dangerous part of the trip was in Cave Creek.

60 miles of off-roading to avoid sitting on the pavement in the 100+ degree sun - good times. 

Pax (Eric):
Outstanding

pinchel (Rob):
Pretty sure you weren't the only one in that mess...2 people from work were stick out there, delayed 2 hours.

Chuy:
Nice that sounds like a good delay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version