General Discussion > Open Discussions

CA-UT-AZ road trip, Flea plague concern.

<< < (2/2)

Chuy:

--- Quote from: Edwin562 on August 13, 2017, 05:50:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 13, 2017, 05:03:59 PM ---Just be smart, are you going to be camping out in rural areas? If you are, then stay away from road kill, wear repellent, protect your pets. Don't touch the living wildlife.

Pretty sure this is hyped up as the plague is technically everywhere. The Southwest gets a bad rap because of the higher number of cases that are reported. I think the odds are higher of you getting stung by a mosquito with West Nile.

--- End quote ---

No camping, but are planning to do some decent hiking.

--- End quote ---

Pfff, you should worry more about getting bit by a rattle snake. Again all complete nonsense, and hyped up media stories.

"The plague hasn't yet infected any humans in Arizona, but three cases of plague were reported in New Mexico earlier this year, though all three patients were successfully treated in the hospital and released."

Edwin562:
Well this us such great relieve especially coming from the locals. Greatly appreciate it. Onwards to our road trip.

pinchel (Rob):
Hiking? Where? If you've never been to AZ take precautions and be warned. There are more people who are injured or die from hiking in AZ than we have plague incidents...

Chuy:

--- Quote from: pinchel (Rob) on August 15, 2017, 05:48:24 AM ---Hiking? Where? If you've never been to AZ take precautions and be warned. There are more people who are injured or die from hiking in AZ than we have plague incidents...

--- End quote ---

X2, Take lots of water and an electrolyte drink. I take a minimum of 3L of water and a sports drink, on any hike. Even if you don't need it you never know if you will run across someone who does.

Edwin562:
Hiking as far as where is allowable near the horseshoe bend. I was told there is little hiking trails.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version