collapse

Donate

Become a 2017/18 AZXC Supporting Member just Click the Donate button.

* Calendar

December 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Upcoming Events

Sorry! There are no calendar events available at the moment.

* Newest Member

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
goto AZXC

Go To AZXC

goto AZTC

GoTo AZFC

GoTo AZPC

Forum Chatbox

Refresh History
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Seems like a good deal not sure if it is some one on here: [link]
    December 15, 2017, 11:53:37 AM
  • pinchel (Rob): Definitely breaker bar...
    December 15, 2017, 08:27:59 AM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): No, Thats best acomplished with a breaaker bar and a wrench.
    December 14, 2017, 09:02:10 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: You think it will bust the lower shock bolts loose?
    December 14, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): I have a 3/8 drive Milwaukee cordless impact
    December 14, 2017, 08:47:31 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe what size is your?
    December 14, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): cant help ya there.
    December 14, 2017, 08:29:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: @PitSnipe prefer 1/2 as I wanna do the suspension on the truck. But if  3/8 will work...
    December 14, 2017, 08:14:55 PM
  • PitSnipe (Kyle): 3/8 or 1/2 ?
    December 14, 2017, 05:45:19 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Anyone have a good cordless impact gun I could borrow for a few days?
    December 14, 2017, 01:59:48 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Happy Holidays!
    December 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): Post up if you can meet up at Coffee & Crawlers tomorrow! Don't forget a new unwrapped toy to enter special drawing.
    December 08, 2017, 06:02:36 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: Has anyone done the Diamond Creek Road to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
    December 05, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • XterrasNameIsMolly (Justin): I have nothing to do, but I would be happy to assist / host a mod day if interested (south phoenix)
    December 05, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
  • DBAX: Picked up a pop up camper (used) this weekend, thinking an axle flip will be a good thing. Also thinking, I've never flipped an axle..
    December 04, 2017, 01:28:38 PM
  • ShockBlue_Scott: I would be interested in a mod day and helping others. I have some Pro 4x suspension that needs to go in...
    December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM
  • Thupertrooper (Victor): I can try hosting a mod day in the east valley if we have some interested to help out
    December 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
  • pinchel (Rob): As soon as i get my bolts i can have a mod day
    December 01, 2017, 02:23:19 PM
  • m.sainz12: also whens the next mod day
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:21 PM
  • m.sainz12: no not yet! he wont text me back :(
    November 30, 2017, 05:48:03 PM

Author Topic: CA-UT-AZ road trip, Flea plague concern.  (Read 314 times)

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
CA-UT-AZ road trip, Flea plague concern.
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
Hello everyone,
so me and the fam will be taking a road trip from LA up to Zion National park, down to Phoenix and then back home in LA.  Everything has been planned and sorted out, just matter of waiting for labor day weekend and off we go.

My only concern that was just brought to my attention about the recent discovery of fleas carrying the plague in AZ. My wife is a nurse and something like this, she takes really seriously and she is kinda wanting to cancel our trip that we have been planning since March.  Asking for help on getting reliable sources on current situation with the local peeps. Any insight or advise would greatly appreciate it, that way I can show this thread to my wife and hopefully we can still go on with our road trip.

I have taken some preventive action by buying highly recommended flea/tick bug spray not only for me n the wife but also for my son. Also changing our wardrobe on wearing pants and long sleeve shirts to lower the risk of getting bit.  I fell like im overdoing it, but I just want to make my fams first out of state road trip a trip to remember.

http://www.fleabites.net/plague-found-in-arizona-fleas-how-worried-should-you-be/

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
Re: CA-UT-AZ road trip, Flea plague concern.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »
Just be smart, are you going to be camping out in rural areas? If you are, then stay away from road kill, wear repellent, protect your pets. Don't touch the living wildlife.

Pretty sure this is hyped up as the plague is technically everywhere. The Southwest gets a bad rap because of the higher number of cases that are reported. I think the odds are higher of you getting stung by a mosquito with West Nile.
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
Super hyped up, you are way more likely to be in a car accident. This fear mongering seems to pop up every now and then to make headlines. Hantavirus is another one that has been with us forever but gets hyped up now and again. If you really really want to take precaution treat all of your outdoor clothing with one of the kits they sell.

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
Just be smart, are you going to be camping out in rural areas? If you are, then stay away from road kill, wear repellent, protect your pets. Don't touch the living wildlife.

Pretty sure this is hyped up as the plague is technically everywhere. The Southwest gets a bad rap because of the higher number of cases that are reported. I think the odds are higher of you getting stung by a mosquito with West Nile.

No camping, but are planning to do some decent hiking.

Offline DBAX

I got your "Jeep thing", now it burns when I pee..

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »

No camping, but are planning to do some decent hiking.

Pfff, you should worry more about getting bit by a rattle snake. Again all complete nonsense, and hyped up media stories.

"The plague hasn't yet infected any humans in Arizona, but three cases of plague were reported in New Mexico earlier this year, though all three patients were successfully treated in the hospital and released."

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »
Well this us such great relieve especially coming from the locals. Greatly appreciate it. Onwards to our road trip.

Offline pinchel (Rob)

• Club Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • "He who laughs last, laughs last."
    • robakapinchel
    • pinchel
    • pinchel
    • VinylTats
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 05:48:24 AM »
Hiking? Where? If you've never been to AZ take precautions and be warned. There are more people who are injured or die from hiking in AZ than we have plague incidents...
Click here to see my rig.  Get your AZXC/AZTC/AZFC Forum Decals here  VinylTats!

Offline Chuy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »
Hiking? Where? If you've never been to AZ take precautions and be warned. There are more people who are injured or die from hiking in AZ than we have plague incidents...

X2, Take lots of water and an electrolyte drink. I take a minimum of 3L of water and a sports drink, on any hike. Even if you don't need it you never know if you will run across someone who does.

Offline Edwin562

• Noob
    • Edwin562
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
Hiking as far as where is allowable near the horseshoe bend. I was told there is little hiking trails.