Club Information > Member Coordinated Events

Back Road to Crown King/Box Canyon

(1/2) > >>

Forrest:
My wife and I are taking a camping/off road trip for my golden birthday (30 on the 30th). We're thinking of hitting the back way to Crown King on the 31st, camping somewhere around there that night, then making our way to Box Canyon on the 1st.

Any tips/suggestions? Anyone planning on being out in the area that weekend?

DBAX:
The two Box Canyons I know of are along the Hassayampa River in Wickenburg (off Rincon Rd) and the one on the way to Martinez Mine in Florence.. Neither is really close or accessible to Crown King. As you make your way up the back road to CK, just be wary of atv/utv traffic as it has become somewhat of a dirt track freeway now that it's mostly graded. LOTS of inexperienced (and usually drunk) idiots up there lately tooling around.
Have fun!  :)

Stoic V:
I was asking the same question, but Dbax replied first.  Which box canyon?

CK was getting tore up over the last 2 years.  Im not sure how much worse this years monsoons have changed it. If its raining it could be challenging and fun!
The Hassayampa River "Box Canyon" is an easy trail, its just has a lot of sand. Be careful  where you park. It will swallow a truck!

I might be able to head up Crown King with you on the Thursday and camp that night.

Forrest:
Thanks for the info guys we are planning on making a 3 or 4 day trip out of it.  Are there any good meeting spots befor crown king

pinchel (Rob):

--- Quote from: Forrest on August 18, 2017, 06:53:25 AM ---Thanks for the info guys we are planning on making a 3 or 4 day trip out of it.  Are there any good meeting spots befor crown king

--- End quote ---

Lots of good info our Trails section....here's a link about visits to Crown King. -> http://www.azxterraclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=430.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version