General Discussion > Welcome New Members

Hello from NorCal

(1/2) > >>

VetxSquared:
Hi all,
New to the forum but been lurking for some time.
2010 Off Road with new Bilsteins x4 and rear AALs from PRG (~2" lift), melt mod and 285/75/16 KO2s, custom sliders by a local guy, unistrut roof rack for stuff I don't want inside the X (my 17 y.o. son, 2x4gal rotopax and shovel), CB and HAM equipped, rexrugged for our two dogs.
I was all over the state (everywhere but the NE corner) in the early 90's while stationed at Camp Pendleton (yes- lots of roadtrips- Bagdad road, got lost and ended up in the Goldwater bombing range while near Ajo, Sitgreaves Pass and Oatman, the Huachucas and Hualapais).
I want to spend more time in AZ trying to convince my wife that it is the place to move to, and sooner rather than later. I'm open to suggestions on places that a) aren't quite as hot as Phoenix but still warm enough to let me grow the cacti that I want and b) doesn't get much, if any, snow.
With that thought in mind we're (80%+ sure) coming to CANVAZ in October and I'm hoping to extend the trip by several days to show my wife Prescott Valley, Jerome and more of Sedona (only time she's been there was in July and it was just a drive-through).
Looking forward to meeting you all in a couple months, sharing some adult beverages (old vice), cigars (new vice) and swapping stories.
Semper Fi - and thank you vets for your service,
Richard

pinchel (Rob):
Welcome aboard! Hope to meet you at a Nissan gathering soon!

DBAX:
Welcome and thank you for your service. Jerome is a favorite town, and if you have time, close to the "Smiley Rock" trail too. Don't know what "Rexrugged" is but I like the sound of that. I think our dog will too, knowing her part of the X has a classification just for her.
Maybe some Rexrugged stickers w/ a dog head and an X can be made for dog (and X) owning drivers like ourselves, by our resident sticker-meister.

VetxSquared:
"Rexrug" is from the TNX post (http://www.thenewx.org/forum/13-interior/39769-how-rex-rug.html).
Basically what it sounds like - a cheap (mine was free - old welcome mat from work that was going to be tossed) rug cut to the dimensions of the rear cargo area - keeps the dogs from sliding around and the blown-about-hair down somewhat. The hair part is kinda moot if your dogs are like mine as they spend half the trip hanging over the rear seats (and getting their heads caught in the Raingler) and the hair goes everywhere.
I like the sticker idea but have no creative bones in my body so I'm out after seconding the motion.
Thanks for the tip on the Smiley Rock trail - I'll check into it.
For those of you that do travel with your dogs check out the BringFido app or website - lists restaurants, hotels, beaches, etc. that are dog friendly- we use it all the time when traveling.
--R.

PitSnipe (Kyle):
That's awesome. I have a rexrug and didn't even know there was a name for it. I agree, it work great.

Anyway. Welcome to the club. Hopefully someday you make it back as a resident and join the ranks of us out here. For the mean time we will take ya any time you venture into AZ. Anytime your here and want to wheel just hit us up.

Thank you for your service even though your a Marine. Always remember that Marine = My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment along with the Marines is a department of the Navy (Yes the men's department).

Look forward to meeting you CANVAZ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version